How can I keep my menu up and not in the side bar?

Solved
Golden_Pigs
Tourist
3 0 0

Hello, 

I have a small shop www.goldenpigs.ro , using Brooklyn theme. And I can't keep the menu up... it always goes in a slide. On a mobile yes, I understand. But even on my 27" Apple monitor doesn't work... 

What can I do? 

Please advise. 

Kind regards, 

Cristian

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1125 91 286

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Golden_Pigs

This is Rae from Shopify. Thanks for posting about this. 

The Brooklyn theme has a built-in feature that automatically converts the main menu into a sidebar, if the main menu takes up too much space. Check out our help document here for more details on this. 

There are some simple ways to prevent this from happening, though, such as: 

• Ensuring that you have only 4 or 5 menu items on your main menu. 
  • Using a narrower font for your menu text. Our help document here outlines more details on changing your typography settings. 
  • Limiting the amount of characters used in your menu titles. I can see that you've already done this by naming your 'About Us' page 'About', and rather than using 'Contact Us', you've used just 'Contact'. Great job with this! 

Taking a look at your site, it also looks like you have quite a few menu items in your main menu that may be better suited to your footer instead. For instance, menu items like 'About', 'Contact', and 'Blog' could be moved down into your footer where they're still accessible, but will no longer take up space in your main menu. This help document outlines more information on editing the footer menu on the Brooklyn theme. 

Additionally, it may be worthwhile to turn your 'Shop' menu item into a drop down menu by following these steps. Then, you can nest 'Collections' and 'Gift cards' under 'Shop' by following the process outlined here. This will help condense your main menu considerably. 

Please give these steps a try and keep me posted on how that goes! 

In the meantime though, I'd love to hear more about your business. Where are you currently advertising your products? Do you have a marketing plan?

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1125 91 286

Hi, @Golden_Pigs

I wanted to check in with you to see if you were able to get your menu to move back to the top of the page, by following the tips I shared in my previous reply?

Please let me know if you're still running into troubles with this and I'll be happy to help further. 

Best, 

0 Likes
Golden_Pigs
Tourist
3 0 0

Dear Rea, 

Thank you for your follow-up. I took your advice and solved the menu problem. 

No, I don't have a marketing plan.

Maybe you could help me create a sales funnel?

I'm looking into this for some time but it's a little to much for me.  

Looking forward for your answer. 

Kind regards, 

Cristi

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1125 91 286

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Golden_Pigs

Thanks for getting back to me with these details.

I'm glad to hear that you were able to solve the issue with your menu. I took a quick look at your site and the menu is looking great! 

That's no problem that you don't have a marketing plan yet. However, I do recommend taking some time to build one as it can help you define your brand's marketing message, choose which channels to advertise on, and set goals for your marketing efforts. You can learn more about this in this help document

In terms of creating a sales funnel, I suggest checking out this blog post for more details on this. We also have another great blog post here that outlines how to find and plug leaks in your conversion funnels, too. I think you'll find both those posts helpful! 

Cheers, 

Golden_Pigs
Tourist
3 0 0

Hello, 

I have another small issue. In the right side I have two chat icons that open and somehow the messenger button blocks the functionality of any image, link. How can I trace it and solve? It's driving me crazy. :)) And the customers for sure! T

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1125 91 286

Hi, @Golden_Pigs

I'm glad you followed up to inquire further about this. 

It looks like you might be using two different chat apps that are both appearing in the same spot on your theme. To determine if this is the case, I recommend reviewing the 'Apps' section of your Shopify admin and looking through your downloaded apps to see if you're currently using two different chat apps.

If you are, you can uninstall the app you no longer want to use by following these steps

Keep me posted on how this goes! 

0 Likes