How can I remove the checkout button in Craft theme?

FloralRev
Visitor
3 0 0

I want to make it so that each customer must go through their cart before being able to check out as this is where our pickup/delivery date calendar and card message box are located. Currently, when I click on a product and hit the "Add to Cart" button, it brings up a pop up that gives customers the option to hit a "View My Cart" button and a "Checkout" button - I need to remove the checkout button. 

I have looked up this question, but none of the code changes that have been provided seem to work with my theme (I can't even find the correct code headings to change them). I am using the Craft theme.

Any help is greatly appreciated! 

Replies 7 (7)

Jrod
Shopify Partner
20 1 2

Hi @FloralRev !

Have you tried the following? 

1. Click on "Online Store" and then "Themes."
  2. Find the "Craft" theme and click on "Actions" then "Edit Code."
  3. In the "Sections" folder, find the "cart-template.liquid" file.
  4. Look for the code that displays the "Checkout" button in the pop-up and remove it. Make sure to remove the entire section of code, including any tags that surround it.
  5. Save your changes.

Keep in mind that these changes can have unintended consequences, so it's always a good idea to make a backup of your theme code before making any changes. 

Jrod
FloralRev
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Jrod,

Thank you so much for your quick response. When I navigate into the code edit and look under the sections folder, I don't have one titled "cart-template.liquid."

I have cart "drawer, icon, live-region-text, notification-button, notification-product." 

Any guidance is appreciated. 

Jrod
Shopify Partner
20 1 2

My pleasure!

If you do not have a "cart-template.liquid" file in the "Sections" folder of your Craft theme, it's possible that the code for the pop-up you're trying to modify is located in a different file. In that case, you can try searching for the code that displays the "Checkout" button in the pop-up by using your text editor's "Find" function.

If you still can't find the code that displays the "Checkout" button, it's possible that it's located in a different file or that it's being generated by an app that you have installed. Here's what you can do in that case:

1. Try searching for the code in other files. Check the "Snippets" folder and other relevant files for the code.

2. Check for installed apps: If you have any apps installed, some of them may be modifying the checkout process. Go to the "Apps" section of your Shopify admin and look for any apps that are related to the checkout process. Try disabling the apps one by one and see if it has an effect on the checkout process.

3. Contact the theme support: If you still can't find the code, reach out to the theme support for help. They may be able to provide more specific instructions for your theme or assist you in making the change.

4. Seek help from a Shopify expert or developer: I can help out further but would need to have access if so.

Jrod
FloralRev
Visitor
3 0 0

I am so sorry to keep bothering. I have looked through everything and have searched the word checkout with no luck. I also checked the apps that I have installed and there shouldn't be anything that would affect the checkout (they are all shopify apps). 

I will search to see if I can find theme support! If you were to help me what would you need to gain access to the site?

Jrod
Shopify Partner
20 1 2

Not a problem at all! Go to support first, if they cannot help just shoot me an email forjrod@gmail.com

it's possible that the code is hardcoded into the theme. In this case, the only option would be to modify the theme itself or to find a different theme that meets your requirements. I dont think this may be the case but its possible 

Jrod

sullyk
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

If you are looking to remove just the checkout button you can 

1. go to theme code editor

2. look for "cart-notification template"

3. Find the following code and comment it out

{%comment%}
<button class="button button--primary button--full-width" name="checkout">
{{ 'sections.cart.checkout' | t }}
</button>