How can I revert nameserver changes from Ezoic back to original settings?

How can I revert nameserver changes from Ezoic back to original settings?

Tom_D1
Excursionist
54 0 6

Hey everyone, 

A few months back I added Ezoic ads to my site. This required me to change the nameservers to ezoic nameservers. I'm no longer looking to have ezoic on my site and would like to revert back to the shopify nameservers - would anyone be able to help me with what they need to be? 

Thanks in advance. 

Replies 4 (4)

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2396 257 529

Hey, @Tom_D1 

Happy to help. To get started, I'll need to know where the domain is currently hosted (where you purchased the domain). Was this purchased directly in your Shopify admin, or did you use a third-party hosting platform such as BlueHost, Google Domains, GoDaddy, etc.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Tom_D1
Excursionist
54 0 6

Hey Dirk, 

Thanks for the reply. The domain is hosted with 123 reg.

Regards

Tom

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2396 257 529

Hey, @Tom_D1 

Gotcha. The settings will need to be changed on 123 reg end. Specifically by logging into your account and going into their settings.

With that said, Shopify doesn't use Nameservers, only DNS settings. Nameservers allow the domain to be searched publicly by associating a name with an IP, this won't assist with having your domain point to Shopify - only a DNS edit will. What you will want to do is replace the A record, and CNAME record from what it is now, to Shopify's credentials Below are the credentials:

A Record: 23.227.38.65
www CNAME: shops.myshopify.com

You can see our step-by-step guide on connecting 3rd party domains to assist you further.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Sedef
Tourist
23 0 2

Hello, I recently switched my domain's name servers from GoDaddy to Ezoic (this was their requirement to start with Ezoic ads). However, I encountered an error with my Shopify site, indicating that the A and CNAME settings were incorrect. For example, A record does not point to Shopify's type of warnings. I promptly reset them, but the error persisted. Do you have any insights into why this might be happening?