Solved

How to add a message to select products in Shopify Checkout?

SC2
Excursionist
13 1 3

Hi there,

Is there a way to add an option for messages on select products only at the checkout of my Shopify store? I have products that I sell POD but I also have products that I send out from my studio and I want to be able to give customers the option fo adding a gift message to these products. Is that possible on Shopify or is there an (inexpensive or free!) app for this?

Many thanks in advance for your response.

XS

Accepted Solution (1)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @SC2 

Without using an app, one option is to enable order notes in your theme settings. The only thing is that this won't be specific to any products, but would just be a note a customer could leave on any order. You could change the order note label to say, "include a gift message" or something like this to make it clear to your customers what this box is intended for. 

Otherwise, if you wanted this enabled for only specific products, I can suggest some apps to look into, which are both fairly low cost options:

Let me know what you think of these options!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @SC2 

Without using an app, one option is to enable order notes in your theme settings. The only thing is that this won't be specific to any products, but would just be a note a customer could leave on any order. You could change the order note label to say, "include a gift message" or something like this to make it clear to your customers what this box is intended for. 

Otherwise, if you wanted this enabled for only specific products, I can suggest some apps to look into, which are both fairly low cost options:

Let me know what you think of these options!

SC2
Excursionist
13 1 3

Thanks for getting back to me so promptly, Hilary - I really appreciate that!  And thanks too for the suggestions - Both of these apps look like they're offering what I need so I'll read through them thoroughly and then make a decision.

Thanks again!
XS

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

Fantastic, thanks for letting me know those app options look like they'll work for you.

Happy to help! Reach out anytime.