how to add wishlist page without using app

milu_balan
Shopify Partner
60 0 4

Hi,

I'm using supply theme for my store.Can anybody help me with adding a wishlist page and button without using any app, as supply theme doesn't have inbuilt wishlist feature.

Replies 4 (4)

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

Hey, @milu_balan!

This is Moira from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for posting, it’s great to hear you are wanting to integrate a wishlist feature that will enable customers to bookmark their favorite products which lead to more sales!

I understand you are wanting to integrate this feature without using an app. Is there a reason why you prefer not to use an app? I ask this because apps are generally the go-to solution for a feature like this. It would be more cost-effective rather than hiring a coding expert. I suggest trying out an app first, see how it works then re-evaluate implementing a custom solution down the road.

I have gone ahead and found 2 fantastic apps you could look into:

If you wanted to head down the custom HTML path, Shopify has paid experts who will complete custom coding and in-depth customizations for your store for an agreed fee between you both, they are fantastic at helping you achieve what you're after. Click here to find out more about hiring a Shopify Expert.

As you continue to customize and further develop your store, have you looked into ways you can increase your store’s visitors, and increase conversions (that is turning store visitors into buyers)? Take a look at this blog post for some insights on how you can do just that, starting with your product pages! I’m sure this will prove invaluable for you as a merchant here in Shopify.

Let us know how you get on with the suggestions above, I’m happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

milu_balan
Shopify Partner
60 0 4

Hey, @Moira 

Thanks for your reply

I checked out many apps for wish list and all of them are having some limits in adding products. And I don't wanna spend much in external apps. So I thought to go with own wish list page .I'm a developer too just beginner level. I tried out this Git ,everything seems fine with this but while opening wish list page I'm getting whole product page including the header,product description, recommended  products,footer etc literally the whole product page! Instead it should be displaying only a grid where product image and price details should be visible.Did everything exactly as said in this git but not sure why its not working properly

Any suggestions would be appreciated greatly!

And one suggestion too from my side ,as wish list is a basic feature which all websites should be having ,it would be great if it was availed in-built within the shopify themes

Thanks

Shakhawat1829
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

I am facing same problem can you please tell me is the update?

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

Hey @Shakhawat1829,

Implementing a wish-list into a free Shopify theme still requires custom HTML. Otherwise, using a third party app is the workaround.

I completely understand the need for this, so I'm glad to submit this feedback to our development team. Updates are published on our Shopify Changelog here.

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog