How to Adjust Slideshow Image Size for Desktop View in Boundless Theme

JenniferR1
Visitor
1 0 0

I uploaded my logo into the slideshow image on my Boundless theme site but on Desktop view it is stretched out, slightly blurry, and cropped and doesn't fit in the screen correctly.  In mobile view, it looks good.  

How do I adjust it in the code to allow the image to show properly in all views?

SIte URL is https://wealthyhustlaapparel.net/

Reply 1 (1)

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

Hey, @JenniferR1!

Welcome to Shopify Community.

Thanks for your question. A clear, crisp logo is part of a great user experience so it's important to work with your theme dimensions for the best fit. For the Boundless theme, we recommend logo dimensions of 450 x 200px max. If you find this is being pixelated, or appearing blurry, then it's likely that the logo image you used is too small. The reason you won't experience this on mobile is because things are more tightly spaced, and the image is being reduced to fit the screen. Try uploading a larger size of your logo to see if that does the trick.

Rather than using code, you can also alter the logo's width from within your theme's settings found under Admin > Online Store > Themes > Customize Theme > Header > Custom logo width. If you have entered a width that is bigger than what the original image quality allows, that will also lead to an unclear image. 

On the other hand I noticed your logo is quite large, therefore, if you need to use code to accommodate to your needs then check out this similar forum post for a solution.

I trust that provides some insight, but let me know if I have missed or misunderstood anything. 

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog