How to change themes

Mick_Alice
4 0 0

Our current theme doesn't seem to be very mobile friendly is it easy to change? our website was set up by a developer so I am worried that if I change it myself it will ruin all of the content, any suggestions of themes that are mobile friendly for selling a variety of products? TIA 

0 Likes
Savannah_F
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
531 0 100

Hey, Mick!

Savannah here from Shopify. :) 

So the theme is essentially the skin of your store. If you remove your current theme, things like your products, navigation, blog posts, pages, etc., will all transfer over to your new theme. Examples of aspects that will need to be recreated or rebuilt within your new theme would be your "Latest Boards" section. That's okay, though! You can actually customize your new theme without publishing it, and make the switch as soon as it's perfect. 

In order to download a new theme, simply visit the Theme Store and select the Buy Theme or Start with this Theme option. 

Fortunately, all of the themes located in our Theme Store are mobile responsive, so you shouldn't have any problem selecting one that works for your business.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Savannah | Social Care
support@shopify.com

Mick_Alice
4 0 0

Great thank you!

0 Likes
Mick_Alice
4 0 0

Hi Savannah

Before we purchase a new theme can you please advise if there is a way to preview the mobile view? As this is the reason we need to change the theme. Our cureent theme was put on a few yrs ago now so assuming they are more mobile friendly than previousl ones?! We are looking at 'Launch' Thanks again   

0 Likes
Anh_Nguyen1
Shopify Partner
130 0 12

I think you don't need to change the theme if you worry that it will ruin all of the content. You can use PageFly Page Builder Apps in your theme to fix the mobile problem. PageFly has a Mobile Editor with mobile preview, that helps you build better Shopify pages on mobile. Also, it optimizes pre-made elements' CSS and images when uploading, so your pages on mobile will load faster.

Cost is a big deal. This app is still free to get users' feedback so just go ahead and give it a try.

Hope it helps :)

Download free Shopify theme: https://www.sellersmith.com/pages/sellersmith-free-themes
0 Likes
maya
Tourist
44 0 3

Hi Mick,

I can make your theme mobile friendly or fix things. You don't need new theme I think. You can write me on  majaa.blazic@gmail.com  and I can see what happens there.

Best regards,

Maja

0 Likes
Jason
Shopify Expert
10407 164 2050

Hey Mick,

This page has some info on previewing paid themes:
https://help.shopify.com/manual/using-themes/install-themes#preview-a-paid-theme-in-your-store

I jump on these forums to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work.

Don't hand out staff invites or give admin password to forum members unless absolutely needed. In most cases the help you need can be handled without that.

★ http://freakdesign.com.au ★
0 Likes
tim
Shopify Expert
2927 143 1031

Mick,

when you press Customize next to your trial theme name you will be taken to the theme editor. In the left bottom corner, there is a button to switch to the mobile preview -- see screenshot.

Want to hire me to tweak a theme? Mail me at tairli@yahoo.com!
My post solved your problem? Like it!
0 Likes
Edward-Newgate
Shopify Partner
542 23 66

Hi

I think you do not need to change your theme. Anyway, If you really want to do it, below are simple steps guide: 

Step 1: Navigate to the Theme Dashboard
In the first step, look at the menu on the left of the admin page and tap on the Online Store button in the SALE CHANNELS section. Afterward, you will automatically in the first section called Themes. A list of all the themes you’ve had will be displayed.
Step 2: Find your new Theme
What you need to do now is scroll down and look for the Theme library section. Then, make sure to find your new theme there. Let find an ideal theme that suits your needs and matches your store perfectly.
Step 3: Publish your new Theme
After you’ve found the theme you expect, click on the Actions button next to the theme’s name. Next, there is a drop-down appearing. Select Publish to publish your new theme.

Source: https://avada.io/shopify/docs/change-theme.html

Was my reply helpful? Click Like or Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
ChaCustoms
Tourist
4 0 3

There is a button in the preview plane. It's actually 3 buttons in the center of the preview at the top. Select the skinny one. 

0 Likes