how to convert wordpress website to shopify?

cljewellery
1 0 0

hello there,

we have designed our eCommerce website https://cljewellery.com.au/ in WordPress and we want to target the Christmas event. but we think our website is slow and not performing well because of WordPress CMS so we wanted to convert it to be in Shopify as we have heard the Shopify is the best platform for eCommerce websites. Can somebody guide us how can we switch our website from WordPress to Shopify.

0 Likes
PranshuJo
Tourist
5 0 1

You need to set up a store in Shopify, and migrate data using the apps like Litextension/ Store importer

However, it's not just WP vs Shopify for speed, but also how have you optimized your website. You may still have issues with the speed if you have not worked on it's performance.

A quick speed check told me that it's because of the large sized images, and GIFs that are making too many requests to load up the page

0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1044 114 189

Hi @cljewellery,

Hyde here from Shopify. It's a great idea to get your site in fighting form with BFCM, Thanksgiving, and Christmas coming up!

According to Pingdom your site is performing well, except for a slow load rate:

26-32-71271-84583

Shopify is designed specifically for eCommerce businesses so using the Shopify platform will help streamline your eCommerce journey and cuts out a lot of the guesswork. You can get a better sense of how Shopify works with our Introductory Guide to Shopify, and we have a free 14-day trial you can use to see if it's the right fit for you! After that trial elapses if you feel that Shopify is exactly what your business needs, then you will need to pick from our pricing plans.

You have two options:

1. Move to Shopify.

To do this you will need to build your site from scratch on the Shopify platform. This will mean choosing a theme and customizing your theme.

Luckily, you can save time by compiling your product inventory into a CSV file format for Shopify (we have a CSV template you can use) and transferring them over. And you can upload your images from your old store to the next store to use again.

Here is a pretty comprehensive overview of how to migrate to Shopify.

2. Use a Buy Button.

Using a Buy Button will mean that you can continue using your current WordPress site (if you decide not to migrate fully to Shopify) but you can still use Shopify's checkout. 

A Buy Button is like a shortcut for buying one of your products. You can place Buy Buttons on your non-Shopify website or blog. Buy Buttons can show product pictures, descriptions, and prices, all while letting customers purchase products without leaving the website. Any updates to a product’s details in your Shopify admin will appear on the product’s Buy Button.

I would recommend having a look through all of that and, if you have any other questions, feel free to ask me them. I'm happy to help! -Hyde

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
mariahjoseph
5 0 0

Interested one , more I’ve had the experience of working with Xcentric for the past two years now. They are a creative, knowledgeable, and proactive Shopify E-Commerce Development Company. Over the years, our relationship has grown and includes marketing efforts too. They have truly exceeded our expectations. 

0 Likes