FROM CACHE - en_header

How to move 'additional checkout buttons' from cart to checkout?

Smeelah
Navigator
292 1 79

I just removed the 'additional cart buttons' code from my cart page..that would be Google Pay and Apple Pay. According to this Shopify tutorial, they should now appear on my checkout page but they do not. 

I would appreciate any help! I don't want to lose these payment options altogether but they looked lousy on the cart page:). I am using Minimal theme. 

Replies 19 (19)
Qualitycheck
Shopify Expert
1432 114 234

Hi @Smeelah 

Can you share your store URL!

Smeelah
Navigator
292 1 79

Sure, if it's helpful! LeilaCools.com

Smeelah
Navigator
292 1 79

Hi...I still really need help with this.

I was just testing a new currency with the checkout process and the payment buttons were there...either in the checkout area or cart. But when I went back to try again, the buttons had disappeared and have not resurfaced. 

Even just a hint of what to troubleshoot would be much appreciated!

Smeelah
Navigator
292 1 79

Now they are back! 

In case anyone is reading this, is it possible to remove Paypal from the drop down menu but keep the Paypal 'Express Payment' button? The button allows for checkout in the customer's chosen currency and the Paypal in the option does not;/

Stankelder_30
Tourist
9 0 1

Hi, looks like you've got exactly the same problem as i have now, changed currency and the express checkout on the checkout page disappeared, could you please help me solving this issue? Love to hear back from you!

Smeelah
Navigator
292 1 79

Did you try the tutorial that I linked to in the first post?

Stankelder_30
Tourist
9 0 1

Thanks for your fast reply, yes i already did that, the buttons on the cart page disappeared but the express checkout still didn’t show up in the checkout page. 

Smeelah
Navigator
292 1 79
In my case they did show up later. Perhaps because they are based on the
user's preferences and use the payment options? I hope that's the case and
that they show up for you.
Stankelder_30
Tourist
9 0 1

Oh Okay, i hope they will work, thanks for your help.

Stankelder_30
Tourist
9 0 1

Hi, me again

I have been waiting 9 days but the express checkout options have not yet shown up in my checkout, has it suddenly happened to you. Or did you do something that showed the paypal option on the checkout page? Would love to see your responds!

Kind regards,

Stan

Treacle100
Tourist
7 0 4

I am also having this problem on the minimal theme. I have followed the tutorial, but removing additional payments from the cart doesn't then force it to the payment page, it just removes it ...anyone got this to work yet ?

Stankelder_30
Tourist
9 0 1

@KetanKumar @Ash @Trevor @vix Can you please help us with this problem? It affects my conversion rate a lot..

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
33457 3353 11064

@Stankelder_30 

Welcome to the Shopify community!
Please share your site URL,
So I will check and provide a solution here.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
Stankelder_30
Tourist
9 0 1

I greatly appriciate your reply!

My store is: mypetdecor.com

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
33457 3353 11064

@Stankelder_30 

Thanks for URl

additional checkout buttons already shopify allow this just add paymen gateway shopify admin side.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
Smeelah
Navigator
292 1 79

Hi @Stankelder_30 

I thought I sent a reply via email but apparently it didn't post. 

As @KetanKumar said, is it possible that you don't have 'accelerated checkouts' enabled in settings in the Shopify Payments section? 

Stankelder_30
Tourist
9 0 1

Hi @KetanKumar & @Smeelah 

Thanks for your replies,

I attached a picture of how it looks in my setting. All Options are checked. The express checkout options (paypal, shop pay etc.) show up in my cart but not in my checkout, I followed this shopify tutorial, but it just removes the cart express buttons but it doesn't add the options to my checkout page? Can you help me further?Picture Payment settings ''Save''.jpg

Smeelah
Navigator
292 1 79
You probably need to show your code to a Shopify partner, expert, or
contact Shopify support. I just followed the instructions and it didn't
show up and then it did. I don't know why. And the buttons change and
sometimes do not display consistently which I'm told has to do with my own
shopping preferences. (cookies?)
onlinemenfashio
1 0 0

Hi there, 

I have been trying to fix this issue as well 

it turns out that you can try downloading an app call Vitals - Activate the 'Hide dynamic checkout button'

Wait for a moment, it takes about 30mins for me and the accelerated button is moved to checkout page. 

Hope this helps! It literally took me 2 sleepless nights to find all valid solutions including trying to add the code from tutorial given.

I felt I had to write this post for the benefit of the rest trying to figure this out 

Cheers