Solved

How to remove quantity count from cart icon

Stephen34
Shopify Partner
68 1 85

I want to remove the count from the cart icon. Also, my cart icon has the picture of the cart and says "Cart" next to the image....I dont know if the word cart is actually part of the image or text thats next to the image.....but I'd like to remove the word cart as the icon is self explanatory. 

Actually I don't really want to remove the count but it confuses too many people because they add a item to cart and then page back to go back to the collection and when they do the cart quantity goes back to zero and people think the items keep coming out of the cart. This is certainly a big confusion for many customers, especially since there are now many modern retail websites where the cart does not function that way so people are getting confused. What I would ultimately prefer is that as a shopper pages backwards the cart always shows the correct items and quantity. But I THINK this would require expensive customization that I just cant afford so for now I just want to remove the count.

Oh if it makes a difference my theme is the Retina theme from Out of the Sandbox....but of course if its not broken they just refer you to a developer....but with covid we have nearly lost the store so I need to do this stuff myself and not spend any money.

Any suggestion in how to do this?

screenshot.jpg

Accepted Solution (1)
KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

This is an accepted solution.

@Stephen34 

Thanks for post.

1. Go to Online Store->Theme->Edit code
2. Asset->/styles.scss.liquid->paste below code at the bottom of the file.

.icon-cart .cart_count {
    display: none;
}
.nav a.icon-cart span {
    display: none;
}
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing

View solution in original post

Replies 33 (33)