Solved

How to remove video suggestions from embed video once video ends?

RyanHan
Tourist
13 0 1

Using Turbo theme and I embed a video from vimeo onto my homepage. Only problem is when the video ends it automatically recommends related videos. How do I disable them?

Accepted Solution (1)
diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2936 562 883

This is an accepted solution.

@RyanHan 

I haven't worked with Vimeo in a while now, but very likely yes. You'd need the premium plan to get that fixed.

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Follow my blog & youtube for coding tutorials. Most questions in here are already answered there!
◦ Top #4 Shopify Expert, 24h reply. Click here to hire me.
Download copy/paste code snippets that can replace most apps.

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)

UmairA
Shopify Partner
1106 101 225

In my opinion, you can't because it's not controlled by Shopify but by Vimeo itself. There might be some option to disable recommended videos if you are the creator of the video. Well, you can't get help with this on this form, you may want to post this on Vimeo form or talk to their support. Thanks

Umair Abbas

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2936 562 883

@RyanHan 

You can actually fix this right in Vimeo.

1. Go to your video in your Vimeo account.
2. Go into the video setting and click on the embed setting tab.
3. Then scroll down to the "Outro" option. There you can change the settings for how your video ends. 

Let me know whether it works.

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Follow my blog & youtube for coding tutorials. Most questions in here are already answered there!

RyanHan
Tourist
13 0 1

Can't find the outro option, is it only available to vimeo plus?

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2936 562 883

This is an accepted solution.

@RyanHan 

I haven't worked with Vimeo in a while now, but very likely yes. You'd need the premium plan to get that fixed.

Kind regards,
Diego

BethK
Tourist
4 0 5

Where is OUTRO?

Can't find that anywhere.

RichardHoultz
Visitor
1 0 2

In the new UI you can set this in - Interaction tools | End screen.

I wanted the video to just rewind and show the same thumbnail as before it played. To do that I selected Thumbnail in the drop down.

vimeo end screen.png

Rowby
Shopify Expert
94 0 19

Hi, Richard,

And to get to the Interaction Tools, you click on the individual Vimeo in your Vimeo admin.  You'll see a right sidebar.  At the bottom there is a Settings icon.  Click on that -- that will get you to the settings of the individual video.  Scroll down to the bottom of the right sidebar -- you'll see a blue button that says 'Advanced Settings".  Click on that -- and you'll see the various settings for Interaction Tools.   That's where you'll find the End Screen options.End screenie.png

www.Rowby.com
Specializing in Shopify Solutions including CBD