Solved

Can someone assist with setting up a variant in Shopify?

Yves_S
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi all,

HeeelppI need  to set up variant like example in attached file in my online store. I tried since 2 weeks but I cannnot do it.

Can somedoby help me, I have to lunch this 15th july.

Please please please

Accepted Solution (1)

Shay
Shopify Staff
2780 440 566

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Yves_S 

Thank you for reaching out to the community forums for help with this request. I understand you want to make some changes to your products and your product pages to showcase different variant options. I took a look at the image you shared, and I'll add it here for easier visibility:

11-46-53901-44651

To make sure I fully understand your request, are you wanting to have the variants of the product showcased like the watches highlighted in yellow in the bottom right? And then when you click on each of those variants it shows the individual variant images like the image column in red on the left?

If yes, then what you are looking to do is create what can be referred to as a radio button for the variant options. This is commonly seen as color swatches, but the "color swatches" can be changed to variant images. As we are changing our base theme and introducing sections everywhere, our older tutorials are being retired and replaced. If you share the theme type you are using at the moment you can see if any of the developers in our forums can assist you in adding the radio buttons to your product page. 

Thank you!

-Shay

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Shay
Shopify Staff
2780 440 566

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Yves_S 

Thank you for reaching out to the community forums for help with this request. I understand you want to make some changes to your products and your product pages to showcase different variant options. I took a look at the image you shared, and I'll add it here for easier visibility:

11-46-53901-44651

To make sure I fully understand your request, are you wanting to have the variants of the product showcased like the watches highlighted in yellow in the bottom right? And then when you click on each of those variants it shows the individual variant images like the image column in red on the left?

If yes, then what you are looking to do is create what can be referred to as a radio button for the variant options. This is commonly seen as color swatches, but the "color swatches" can be changed to variant images. As we are changing our base theme and introducing sections everywhere, our older tutorials are being retired and replaced. If you share the theme type you are using at the moment you can see if any of the developers in our forums can assist you in adding the radio buttons to your product page. 

Thank you!

-Shay

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Yves_S
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi @Shay,

thank you for your quick answer, this is exactly what I'm looking for.

thank you and I've wainting for one developer to help me.