Can I attach images to product options?

amistry81
Visitor
3 0 2

For my products, I have options.  Currently it only shows the word... eg. Gold, Black, Silver.  I would like to attach a picture to the option (Gold handle, Black handle, Silver Handle).  Is that possible?

Replies 3 (3)

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 326

Hey @amistry81,

Welcome to the Shopify Community!

You certainly can add images to your product variants to let your customers see what each option of a product looks like. You can either add images already added to the product or pick a new image saved to your device.

To add images to existing variants please follow the steps below:

• From your Shopify admin, go to Products > All products.

• Click the name of the product that you want to edit.

• In the Variants section, click the image icon to assign an image to that variant.

22-01-bdjcr-phnhs

• Select a product image or click Add image to upload a new image.

• Click Save.

TIP: You can also add variant images as a bulk action by selecting multiple variants on the product page.

I suggest using Shopify’s online image resizer and optimizer tool to give your digital images the perfect size and configuration for your website. It will also speed things up: the larger the image file size, the longer it can take a load a page! Lastly, it will benefit Search Engine Optimization (SEO): properly sized (and named) image files help your website’s search engine performance on Google. Check out the tool below:

If you have any questions please feel free to thread those below!

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

amistry81
Visitor
3 0 2

Hi @Moira , thanks but its not the product variant that i want to show, but the specific option in questions.  For example, as per below... there are several options, but the options are actual images instead of text.  Can this be done with my theme?

Screenshot 2022-01-18 171218.png

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 326

Thanks for the clarification @amistry81

Currently, there is no option through the native Shopify admin that provides what you are after without implementing custom HTML. Apps are generally the go-to solution for a feature like this and would be more cost-effective rather than hiring a coding expert. I suggest trying out an app first, seeing how it works then re-evaluating implementing a custom solution down the road.

I have done some digging on the Shopify app store and found two fantastic apps for you to choose from below:

If you wanted to head down the custom HTML path, Shopify has paid experts who will complete custom coding and in-depth customizations for your store for an agreed fee between you both, they are fantastic at helping you achieve what you're after. Click here to find out more about hiring a Shopify Expert.

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog