Is there a way to generate menu items?

triple
Tourist
5 0 0

Looking for a way to generate menu items based on a tag, product type, etc. Looks like they only way to do this is manually. Is that right?

0 Likes
triple
Tourist
5 0 0

Just to be clear, I'm looking for a way to do this other than manually entering the menu items in the Navigation page. 

0 Likes
Kyle_W
Shopify Expert
146 25 86

Hi @triple!

At the moment Shopify does not offer a Navigation API, and unfortunately there isn't a way to generate menu items automatically based on certain conditions. You will need to manually create menu items using the navigation settings in the Shopify admin (found under Online Store > Navigation).  

Hopefully this helps!

Kyle W | Helium Dev, LLC
Helium builds apps for Shopify that thousands of merchants depend on:
- Customer Fields
- Meteor Mega Menu
triple
Tourist
5 0 0

Thank you for the reply. Is that absolutely the only way to create menu items? 

Is there anything in the API available for exporting an existing menu item and then importing it back to the store or another store?

0 Likes
Kyle_W
Shopify Expert
146 25 86

From my understanding the only way to create menu items is via the navigation settings in the Shopify admin. It looks like the GraphQL version of the Admin API includes a NavigationItem object, but I am not personally familiar with it: https://shopify.dev/docs/admin-api/graphql/reference/store-properties/navigationitem

Kyle W | Helium Dev, LLC
Helium builds apps for Shopify that thousands of merchants depend on:
- Customer Fields
- Meteor Mega Menu
0 Likes
oneluca
Tourist
9 1 4

Any updates on this? 

0 Likes