Can I customize a Shopify store for specific mobile app requirements?

greenbook123
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi there,

I need some advice from experience Shopify store creators to let me know if what I want to create is possible and how difficult / easy it is. 

I am in the middle of building my own mobile app for my company and I want to use a Shopify store to handle all of the sales. I am using a no code app builder so the functionality is less than that of a custom coded app and for this reason the app will link to the Shopify store as an external link. The mobile app will be selling various experiences and products for a specific location and in the user can choose their language. There will be 3 different locations in total.

Within my mobile app the user will have already selected the location they want to see products from and chosen their language. When the user is taken to the Shopify store I want them to be sent to the correct location (I can do this already) but importantly they should not be able to move between the locations on the Shopify store. Each location is essentially a collection in Shopify.

For the user the homescreen of the Shopify store shouldn't have any navigation etc and should display the 3 categories of products that are available (activities, rental and loyalty card). Once the user clicks on the desired category they will then be shown the categories that sit within that category - for example if a user clicks on Activities they will then see museum tours and when that is clicked they will see the "products" for museum tours which will be specific date & time slots.

Once a user picks the date & time slot they will be taken to the product specific page where they can select the product variants. I am using the date & time slots as products instead of variants as I have found a Shopify app that will allow me to schedule delete the products at a certain time (so they will be removed from sale once they have started for example).

Another requirement I have is that for a rental product a user will select the following variants: age, type, duration of rental. The user then needs to be able to select the first day of rental from a calendar and I want a field to be automatically calculated that then shows the last day of rental (first day + duration). I need this information to be passed to the cart during checkout.

The final requirement is that when the user checkouts on the Shopify store they are shown a "password" which is their Cart ID+userID or something like that. They will use this password to be able to access their orders in my mobile app.

If anyone can help point me in the right direction, tell me if something won't be possible or if there are any Shopify Experts out there who want to give me an estimate for creating the above then please let me know. 

Many thanks,

Reply 1 (1)

greenbook123
Visitor
2 0 0

Bump