My theme has a free shipping over a certian amount

Nehamasood
Visitor
1 0 0

I cant seem to remove this text - could you please help?

It is on the header. Thanks

Reply 1 (1)

Summer
Shopify Staff
1290 316 222

Hey, @Nehamasood! Welcome to Shopify Community!

From what you're describing, it sounds like the text is found on the announcement bar of your header. The announcement bar is a built-in section in Shopify themes and is found at the very top of your website. If the text is there, you can follow the steps below to edit or remove it through the theme editor.

Please note that the steps may be slightly different if you're not using a Shopify theme.

1. In your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes.
  2. Click Customize beside the theme in question.
  3. On the left sidebar, click Header.
  4. On the right sidebar, underneath the Announcement Bar section, you can:
    • Uncheck Show announcement to remove the bar
    • Edit the text under Text to edit the message
  5. Click Save.

There are some instances that the announcement bar is added by an app, instead of the theme editor. When this is the case, you'll need to make changes through the app in your admin's Apps page, or you can contact the app's support team for assistance. You'll know that it's likely added by an app if the steps above don't work. If no app was used, it's possible the bar was added through coding customization or your theme has a different set of steps to remove it. If this is so, you can contact the theme developers or hire a Shopify Expert.

Are you currently not offering free shipping? If you're not and that was the reason why you wanted to remove the text, I wanted to share some benefits of offering free shipping to help you decide whether keeping paid shipping and remove the free shipping announcement is the best option for your business. Free shipping can bring a lot of advantages, not only to your customers but to you too. When strategized correctly, it can increase your conversion and average order value. Furthermore, in addition to enticing customers with the fact that shipping is free, free shipping can also push your customers to add more items to their cart and increase their order amount. If you want to learn more about how to benefit from it, feel free to take some tips from this blog post and follow this guide to add free shipping to your store.

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog