Prestige Theme Custom Product - Need Help Displaying Details at Checkout

malibuapoth
Excursionist
14 0 5

Hi! Appreciate whoever can help me with this one! Have been struggling. 

SO I have the PRESTIGE theme and have managed to follow this tutorial and get a custom text box to appear on my product page. Link Here to Guide on Adding Customizable Product

Following the guide, I have updated my code and added a new section for product-customizable-template and have successfully gotten my custom text to appear on my product page .

As you can see the custom text box is kind of in a wonky position. I would like it to be right above the add to cart in between the other product options, though, if not possible this is fine. The MAIN issue I am having is that it is not appearing in the cart at checkout so I am not able to see the order details. 

Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 9.19.20 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 9.23.36 AM.png

Their suggestion was to if your theme doesn't display customizations in the cart, then you can add some code to either your cart-template.liquid, or your cart.liquid file to check for line-item properties and display them if they exist. However the PRESTIGE theme does not have {{ item.product.title }}   in the cart-template.liquid or the cart.liquid section. It is contained in their "cart-items.liquid section". I have tried adding it a few different places in both but it is not appearing. For reference, here is the code and instructions I followed below. 

If someone could please help me figure out how to display this in the cart, I would really appreciate it. 

Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 9.27.54 AM.png

• The Suggested option to add the details to your cart: 
    • To show product customization information in the cart:

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes.
      2. Find the theme you want to edit, and then click Actions > Edit code.
      3. In the Sections directory, click cart-template.liquid. If your theme doesn't have a cart-template.liquid, then open the Templates directory and click cart.liquid.
      4. Find the line containing the code {{ item.product.title }}. On a new line below, paste the following code:

{% assign property_size = item.properties | size %}
        {% if property_size > 0 %}
          {% for p in item.properties %}
            {% assign first_character_in_key = p.first | truncate: 1, '' %}
            {% unless p.last == blank or first_character_in_key == '_' %}
              {{ p.first }}:
              {% if p.last contains '/uploads/' %}
                <a class="lightbox" href="{{ p.last }}">{{ p.last | split: '/' | last }}</a>
              {% else %}
                {{ p.last }}
              {% endif %}
              <br>
            {% endunless %}
          {% endfor %}
        {% endif %}

5. Click Save.

However, this theme did not include " {{ item.product.title }} " in either. I noticed it lives in the cart-items.liquid snippet but this does not work if you add the code here.

Would you possibly be of any helping in directing me to the right place to add this feature?

Thank you!

Replies 5 (5)

Viktor23
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello! Maybe someone can help me? 

I have Prestige theme and I need the same on my product page (see screenshot) 

I already have size box not drop-down menu

Waiting back

Good day for everyone!

PGM3IfxQ.jpeg

Wesselwz
Visitor
2 0 0

How did you fix it? 

I see it's working now on your website. 

I managed to get the custom text box at the product on the right place (not the right design, like you did).

But it's not showing up in the cart and checkout.

malibuapoth
Excursionist
14 0 5

I paid a Shopify partner  $40 

Wesselwz
Visitor
2 0 0

Thanks for your answer! That's nice do you remember which partner? We are ready to pay for it as well.

hannahkate
Tourist
9 0 1

I am having the exact same problem. did you ever get a solution?