Product Image Size Too Big

Solved
thesweetbayshop
3 0 0

Hi.  My product images are too big.  I typically size 1024x1024,  I've tried 640x640 but it's too pixelated when zoomed in.  The image gets cut off and you have to scroll down to see.  I would like a square image that lines up with the text.  Not going much lower than the Apple Pay button.

Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 12.32.22 PM.png

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Mac
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
598 52 95

This is an accepted solution.

Hi again, @thesweetbayshop

Thank you for providing that additional information.

After reviewing the Showcase theme documentation, there is no option to set the exact size of the image that shows on a product page, but there are two methods you can use to reduce the size of your product images. If you head over to your theme editor and click on your product page, you can uncheck the option called "Page is full width of the screen" and your image will immediately reduce in size. If you have more than one product image, you can play around with the Display style to "Two Column" or “Carousel” which will line up the images differently. 

Let me know if these suggestions work for you, if not, the best option would be to paste a line of code that will automatically reduce the size of each product image on your store. 

Kindly reply back to this thread with any questions or updates and we can continue our conversation further!

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)
Mac
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
598 52 95

Hi, @thesweetbayshop!

Thanks for reaching out in our Community forums and for sharing your concern, I’d be happy to help.

You mentioned that your product photos are too large when viewing your site on a desktop. Depending on the theme you are using this can be adjusted via the theme editor or by modifying the theme code. In order for me to take a closer look, feel free to share the name of the theme that you are using along with your store URL and we can continue troubleshooting. 

Talk soon! 

thesweetbayshop
3 0 0

Hi Mac!  Thanks!  Theme is Showcase version 5.1.0 and url is:  https://www.sweetbaygifts.com/

Mac
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
598 52 95

This is an accepted solution.

Hi again, @thesweetbayshop

Thank you for providing that additional information.

After reviewing the Showcase theme documentation, there is no option to set the exact size of the image that shows on a product page, but there are two methods you can use to reduce the size of your product images. If you head over to your theme editor and click on your product page, you can uncheck the option called "Page is full width of the screen" and your image will immediately reduce in size. If you have more than one product image, you can play around with the Display style to "Two Column" or “Carousel” which will line up the images differently. 

Let me know if these suggestions work for you, if not, the best option would be to paste a line of code that will automatically reduce the size of each product image on your store. 

Kindly reply back to this thread with any questions or updates and we can continue our conversation further!

thesweetbayshop
3 0 0

All set!  thanks Mac!

Mac
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
598 52 95

No worries at all, @thesweetbayshop! I'm glad I could help!

If you have any other questions, feel free to follow up and let me know! Additionally, I'm always looking to help out merchants with ideas or feedback related to their stores. How is business going thus far? Have you thought about what to include in your announcement bar to let your customers know about ongoing promotions or news? 

Talk soon!