Remove /Pages from URL my store

See we pay for this service, we all invested heavily on it and Shopify makes a fortune with us.

Why are you thinking about moving? Lets demand and organize to get the features we need.
We at least need to have some logical very clear and technical explanation as to why things are the way they are.

Pros and Cons, all that.

We cant fathom a good explanation to have this url structure but we should be all ears, nevertheless its ridiculous that 14 pages later nothing as happened including in this latest Unite - a marketing campaign they had recently.

0 Likes
NoQlue
2 0 3

Shopify, do you not realize how extremely AMATEUR it looks to visitors to a site to see /pages - What are we back in 1999? Like hello? 

This will actually negatively affect conversions for every single user on shopify. Your product is inferior to others because of this terrible (forced) url structure. 

feniksind
1 0 0

Hi there,

Does this process have to be done via API or can it be done within the code via my Shopify account admin?

Thank you!

0 Likes
StoreTaskExpert
Tourist
8 0 4

No, there is no any solution on this yet.

0 Likes
ShopStore201
Tourist
5 0 24

Does anyone know if we got this feature yet?

We've had the same thing waiting and and waiting - asking Shopify to implement a protection system on the cart so shoppers can't just check how much stock we have. Big brands have been caught out on this. 

Shopify I don't understand why we are waiting for basic functionality like this. We pay money for this service (some of us thousands in fees, subscriptions, themes, etc) and our business (which should be your priority) is just being forgotten.

I don't want to move to another ecommerce platform because I've spend years learning the ins and outs of Shopify. Can you guys just fix these really simple and basic issues. I remember I could set my own URLs back on my Piczo 12 years ago.

bartrobbins
1 0 0
After so many years,  Shopify still ignores this problem

0 Likes
Jonathanclnf
1 0 0

How do I do this? Can you give me more detailed steps? How do I even find this to then edit the code?

0 Likes
zurain
Tourist
16 0 5

in which place we have to add this code to by pass pages word from link @Lisa 

POST /admin/redirects.json
{
"redirect": {
"path": "/available-now",
"target": "/pages/available-now"
}
}