Remove /Pages from URL my store

grayer
1 0 3

Hi, 

Is there any way to remove /Pages from URL.Currently, my page URL is ".com/pages/about-us" i want to change to ".com/about-us".I tried URL redirect method Navigation settings and edit the code from theme.liquid to like this,

{% if template contains 'collection' and current_tags %}
<meta name="robots" content="noindex" />
<link rel="canonical" href="{{ shop.url }}{{ collection.url }}" />
{% else %}
<link rel="canonical" href="{{ canonical_url }}" />
{% endif %}

Still it did not work. Please help me.Thank you.

Replies 149 (149)
Nick
Community Moderator
4230 419 876

I understand everyone's desire but I don't have an update to share at this time. I am monitoring the feedback we captured and provided from this topic and when there is more to share I'll be sure to follow-up in here. 

Nick | Community Moderator @Shopify 

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 

- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Minust
1 0 0
Please don't be arrogant and ignore a very common request. At least be transparent about why it's not updated. 
goBambu
1 0 1

Pleaseeeeeeee get rid of the unnecessary url paths. I've got more chance of having my pages show up on the TV than I do Google right now.

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2298 413 538

@goBambu 

It's not possible. However it won't negatively impact your SEO, so don't worry.

Shopify is a billions dollar business, they have everything setup in the best way possible out of the box to make you thrive. 

◦ Slideshow images cutting off? Try the Slideshow (PRO) section. No apps required. | Replace apps with copy/paste code snippets & save money. Examples here.
StoreTaskExpert
Tourist
8 0 5

This feature have been requested for more that 3years? and still no solution lol.

Andre_Borges
Excursionist
31 0 6

This is outrageous!! Get us the feature!

teddan
1 0 1

I really want Shopify to help us with this !

New member: 2021

Shopify ! Please !

Cristal-Jewelry
Tourist
9 0 1
I'm currently testing Shopify and unfortunately I noticed exactly this problem with the URL paths. We are currently using Magento and are on the first page with some content pages. With this problem we would definitely lose places on google and thus also less sales. I would love to switch to Shopify, but please give us the opportunity. Not only shop operators would benefit from it, but Shopify itself too.

Please give us a quick update.

Thank you
StoreTaskExpert
Tourist
8 0 5

Shopify changelog

https://changelog.shopify.com/

in case you want to see all the upcoming changes.

acalvino4
1 0 2

Hi,

I'm just one more developer in the sea of everybody who needs this feature.

I have to agree with everyone that the fact that this has been requested since 2015 (on another thread) and is still not implemented is confusing. I'm sure Shopify cares about it, if only for the sake of their own customer satisfaction, which leads me to believe that it must involve an overhaul of their whole framework. However, this doesn't quite make sense, as literally every web framework and webserver has methods to customize url's. I'm a software developer, so I understand that changing these is a significant time cost. But it definitely is possible if you have engineers worth their salt and product managers who know how to prioritize (with this issues having hundreds of people specifically requesting it, the priority should be clear, so it's either the engineers or the roadmap coordinators). As an engineer I also know how hard it is to promise specific timelines for a new feature, but to not have this issue actively being worked on (that has been communicated to us) by this point seems like a clear lack of appropriate prioritization.