Resize slideshow images on mobile version

Solved
LinaAdmin
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi, I have a slideshow on my website that I want to resize ONLY on the mobile version. I've tried different approaches already suggested but nothing seemed to work.

The images and text should be exactly the same, but I'd like to have the slideshow full-screen when on mobile - it doesn't matter that the images are cut off to fit the mobile version.

I'm using the Mobilia Tokyo theme. 

Webpage: https://impactroasters.dk/

Thank you!

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1453 95 197

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there @LinaAdmin!

Don here from Shopify.

Thanks for outlining your query for us here in the Shopify Community.

How you would be able to get support for a theme would depend on who had developed this theme initially.

You mentioned here you're using the Mobilia theme, as this is a third-party theme developed by Out of the Sandbox you would just need to reach out to them for support for their creation.

They've got a contact form here on their website you can use to send them a request to see what they might be able to do here.

Bear in mind though the way that slideshow images like this are coded can lead to difficulties when trying to resize or crop them for different screen sizes.

There's a bit more info on how this works here on our Partner blog if you're interested, but should your theme's developers not be able to help out with this specific requirement you could still look into having a custom solution created for you by a Shopify Expert developer.

Would you still be working towards launching your store here or have you started selling already?

Do you know what else you want to work on next apart from this query?

In any case, let me know what else we might be able to do from here to help out!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
LinaAdmin
Tourist
3 0 2

Thanks for your response! I'll try to contact them  

Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1453 95 197

Hi again @LinaAdmin!

Don from Shopify once again.

That's great! I hope there's a solution possible via the developers of this theme for you.

Should this not be within their support remit, you can consider getting an Expert solution as linked above.

If there is no workable solution available at all in terms of coding, you can try to find the best balance within the limitations of slideshow coding by following the best practices for slidesho... so you can get as good a solution as possible for as many screen sizes as possible.

Let us know whenever you have any Shopify-related questions at all here!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
LinaAdmin
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi Don!

Thank you so much for your help. I'm still waiting for a response from Out of the sandbox, but will let you know if I need more help! 

Best regards