Solved

Responsive youtube embed with max size

nagumi
Explorer
64 2 29

Hi!

I need to create a responsive youtube embed (16:9) that will fill 100% of the frame on smaller screens, but no more than 560px width on larger screens. In other words, I need it to be responsive, but with a max size of 560px (and a proportional height at 16:9).

I've been fiddling with CSS for hours and have run out of patience. Any ideas? Thanks!

Accepted Solution (1)

nagumi
Explorer
64 2 29

This is an accepted solution.

In case anyone cares, I figured it out. Here's the code:

<style><!--
.embed-container { position: relative; height: 0; padding-bottom: 56.25%; overflow: hidden; max-width: 560px; } .embed-container iframe, .embed-container object, .embed-container embed { position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%; }
@media only screen and (min-width: 749px) { .embed-container { padding-bottom: 315px !important; } }
--></style>
<div class="embed-container"><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YOUTUBEVIDEO" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe></div>

You can add "?loop=0&amp;autoplay=1&amp;mute=1" after the youtube video link to make it autoplay on mute (autoplay with sound does not work on mobile devices). 

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

nagumi
Explorer
64 2 29

This is an accepted solution.

In case anyone cares, I figured it out. Here's the code:

<style><!--
.embed-container { position: relative; height: 0; padding-bottom: 56.25%; overflow: hidden; max-width: 560px; } .embed-container iframe, .embed-container object, .embed-container embed { position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%; }
@media only screen and (min-width: 749px) { .embed-container { padding-bottom: 315px !important; } }
--></style>
<div class="embed-container"><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YOUTUBEVIDEO" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe></div>

You can add "?loop=0&amp;autoplay=1&amp;mute=1" after the youtube video link to make it autoplay on mute (autoplay with sound does not work on mobile devices). 

rexarcum
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Nagumi, you're a life saver with this thank you so much! I'm trying to get the embedded video to also be aligned in the centre (of this page). Can you please tell me what I could add or change to this code to make that the case? By default in seems to align with the left wall of the text box.

Would really appreciate the help 

nagumi
Explorer
64 2 29

It looks like you managed?

3rdDay
Tourist
17 0 0

Hi, Thanks for this response. On my blog post (at the bottom of the page), this doesn't show a video that is at the same width as the blog images. Would someone be able to provide me with a code that displays the YouTube video at the same width as the image, whilst maintaining a 16:9 ratio for the video? Thanks!

Asa (3rd Day)
3rdday.co.uk

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36843 3636 11978

@nagumi 

Sorry you are facing this issue, it would be my pleasure to help you.

Welcome to the Shopify community!😊
Thanks for your good question.

Please share your site URL,
I will check out the issue and provide you a solution here.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing