Solved

Shopify Dawn Theme - Add To Cart Button Not Working

Asiela
Excursionist
16 2 1

Hi Community - Just reaching out to see if anyone may be able to point me in the right direction.

I have a support case open with Shopify at the moment, but they are currently not responding to me and I could do with a resolution fairly quickly.

Currently, the "Add to cart button" is not working on my website. I am unsure when this issue occured. I have made some minor changes to my site recently which wouldn't relate to the Buy Button, but I have just rolled these back and the issue is still present. This is the same in all browsers, on mobile and desktop.

Thanks in advance

https://asiela.com

Accepted Solution (1)
Asiela
Excursionist
16 2 1

This is an accepted solution.

This is now resolved - Somewhere my theme must have become corrupted. As I had made modifications myself, Shopify deem this as a custom site, therefore is not supported by them. Shopify would not offer any support, so bare this in mind if you are making modifications to their themes via the code, not via the GUI.

I did not find what actually caused this issue, but after creating a new site from a fresh theme and just re-adding in my modifcations one by one, the issue is now resolved and my site is stable.

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)
Asiela
Excursionist
16 2 1

2023-12-08_13h40_12.png

 This is the error I can see in the console when clicking the add to cart button in the browser.

Asiela
Excursionist
16 2 1

This is an accepted solution.

This is now resolved - Somewhere my theme must have become corrupted. As I had made modifications myself, Shopify deem this as a custom site, therefore is not supported by them. Shopify would not offer any support, so bare this in mind if you are making modifications to their themes via the code, not via the GUI.

I did not find what actually caused this issue, but after creating a new site from a fresh theme and just re-adding in my modifcations one by one, the issue is now resolved and my site is stable.