Shopify deletes content for no reason, and it won't come back

juslearnen
Excursionist
38 1 5

Hi folks.

I'm having a HUGE problem here: content disappearing and not allowing me to change it. So far, I have found this happens with Rich Text.

(Video attached)

Basically, when I try to edit text, it doesn't appear in the Rich Text box despite appearing on the live page - and I'm talking about entire paragraphs, not words.

If I happen to edit text ANYWHERE in the box, the text that is not shown in the Rich Text box will **disappear** from the live page! That means that if I don't notice that there's text missing in the Rich Text box and save after editing, I'll lose big chunks of text.

This is the second time I'm posting about this problem, Shopify hasn't helped yet, I hope the community might do.

One more thing: from July 25, I'll need to stop offering free shipping. I NEED to delete any reference to free shipping from the website, and this is getting dangerous.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

Do you know HTML?
For richtext in Shopify, I recommend you to code HTML tags outside notepad and then paste into ricktext, it will display better.
Or when you want to edit, you need to copy all the code in richtext and paste it in notepad, then change and paste it back.
Because when changing it directly, there is a good chance that there was a closing error in the HTML.
Hope it clear to you.

LitExtension - #1 Shopping Cart Migration Expert
If our answer is helpful then please accept as solution!
Are you looking for a solution to migrate to Shopify? Contact us for further assistance.
Try our FREE DEMO now!
0 Likes
juslearnen
Excursionist
38 1 5

Hi there.

That's an interesting solution, thank you for the suggestion. I'm not sure what you mean by "there is a good chance that there was a closing error". If there are high chances of errors, I assume Shopify should work on those issues, no? Also, I don't think every user is supposed to know HTML to avoid this kind of problems (it's still 2021, not 2045), so I'd be hoping for more accessible solutions.

Anyway, I'll try with HTML.

Do you have an idea how I could hope to save the text I have on the live page?

Thank you very much for the hints.

0 Likes