Shopify Themes that Support Video

JeanetteQuillen
Trailblazer
213 2 38

I currently have the Minimal theme, but it appears that I cannot load videos into the media section of the product pages (tried a gazillion times, no luck).

Can someone PLEASE tell me what themes support video?  I would prefer they are Shopify made.  I had terrible customer service and response time with Out of the Sandbox.

Thank you.

Replies 5 (5)

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

Hello, @JeanetteQuillen!

Sophia here from Shopify. These are the the free themes by Shopify that currently support video on the product pages:

You have room to add all three in your admin under Online Store > Themes > Theme library if you're not sure which one you'd like to try. That way, you can see how each of the themes looks with your content and publish the one you prefer once it's customized and ready to launch. Are there any particular features or design elements that drew you to the Minimal theme?

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

MyFPV
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi, can I ask you some questions? with these themes it is possible to insert the videos also in the thumbnails in the catalog? do videos have to be hosted by youtube or vimeo?
Thank you very much if you can help me

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

@MyFPV wrote:

Hi, can I ask you some questions? with these themes it is possible to insert the videos also in the thumbnails in the catalog? do videos have to be hosted by youtube or vimeo?
Thank you very much if you can help me

Hey, @MyFPV!

Yes, you can use these themes to add video along with the product image thumbnails. The videos do need to be embedded via YouTube or Vimeo links. You can add video to products by clicking on Add media from URL on your product details pages in the admin.

Katarina10
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, are there any 2023 updates to this reply? thank you

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

Hey, @Katarina10!

You can always find the most up-to-date information in the Shopify Help Center. I'm happy to help if you still have questions that aren't answered there. Let me know which theme you're using and what you're trying to achieve.