Can you design your store on Shopify before it goes live?

Andy94
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi 🙂 Would there be a way of building and getting ready for the opening of our store before going live and start paying.

I'm not ready to open yet but I want to work on the design of the store. Is it an option?

Thanks 

Replies 3 (3)

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2209 247 502

Hey, @Andy94 

Great question! When you sign up for Shopify, you are given a 14-day free trial that you can take advantage of to get your store set up and running. This will allow you to work on the store free of charge without having it live to the public, as you can password protect your website in order to prevent visitors from being able to see it. 

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Andy94
Visitor
2 0 0
Hi Dirk,

Thanks for your reply!! Even after the 14 days i’m not ready to put it live yet and since I will have no revenu I don’t want to be charge every month.

Is there a way we can just start planning our website and not having it running the bill until we are ready to launch?

Thanks
Andreanne
Dirk
Shopify Staff
2209 247 502

Great, question @Andy94. Our free trial is 14-days regardless if you open the store to the public or not. So after the 14-days, your billing cycle would kick in. With that said, I would recommend not starting your trial until you have most of your content created (images, product photos, logos, product descriptions, sales copy/about page written out). That way, when you start your trial you have the majority of your content ready to bring into your Shopify store. That's probably the best way to maximize the free 14-day trial.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog