Store Feedback Please , lots of traffic but very poor sales conversion

Rari101
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi all. I need some advice. I am getting a great deal of visitors and no sales. Not even abandoned carts. Just visitors. So confused as I have spent so much time on my website. I sell personalised printed goods. T-shirts, gifts etc. most I do in house some I source out. Any feedback and guidance would be so appreciated. Thank you all in advance 

my site is www.DocuDesign.Co.uk

Replies 4 (4)

drishti
Excursionist
28 0 1

Hi @Rari101 !

Took a look at your store and maybe this will help

1. There is a lot of white space on the top and people have to scroll to actually see the product as the store name doesn't say it all. You can shorten and try to add the discount thing on the top

drishti_0-1634543928574.png

2. Your homepage needs redesigning. It's difficult to understand and go through. Check this store for a sample. You need to list products this way, where people can browse categories there itself.

3. Add a favicon. Your website logo should be added as a favicon

drishti_1-1634544130368.png

4. Try an engaging chat widget. With conversion triggers, you can trigger a coupon code on specific collections, or x seconds spent (see the avg time of users. so if on an avg, users are spending 20s, trigger a discount pop-up in 18 secs using the chat widget). Also, other scenarios can be removing a product, adding a product, scrolling x% on page, etc. Same chat widget can also answer other queries, pull answers from policies, etc. 

Hope this is helpful

Reach out to me directly or visit Engati if you need more help 🙂
Rari101
Visitor
2 0 0
Hi there. Thank you for your feedback.
I do have a favicon and coupon/ sale widget for engagement. I shouldn’t have white space as I paid for a theme that has large gallery pictures at top of page. I have also made the menu easier as it only has 3 selections and then opens up categories. Not sure what you are seeing. Any advice would be most appreciated

drishti
Excursionist
28 0 1

This is what I see currently

drishti_0-1634551163703.png

Reach out to me directly or visit Engati if you need more help 🙂

Mac
Shopify Staff
1654 167 262

Hi, @Rari101

Thanks for reaching out in our Community forums and for sharing your store link, I would be happy to share some feedback on your shop!

I enjoyed looking through your products and it looks like you have a lot of great options for your customers. You mentioned that you have been receiving a lot of traffic, but have not yet received any sales or customers reaching check out. My suggestion to you would be to narrow down your target audience. This would involve dissecting the products you offer by adding and removing the ones that you feel your target audience would enjoy. Once you do this, you can curate your ads specifically for a certain demographic and type of customer. This will help narrow down your audience and bring the right potential customers to your store. If you are looking to take this route, feel free to check out our very insightful Shopify Blog on How to Define and Reach Your Target Audience to learn more about getting the attention of your desired customers. Speaking of so, are you currently running any social media advertisements through Facebook, Instagram and Google? These platforms allow you to curate campaigns directly to your audience. For more information on this, along with a variety of marketing campaign ideas, check out our Shopify Blog here.  

One the other hand, I do have a few suggestions that you can do to improve your shopping experience when your targeted audience reaches your store: 

• Updating your home navigation to include tabs like Contact us, and FAQ can be beneficial as this will allow you to answer any potential questions right away that a customer may be thinking about. This is a good idea to build more trust with your customers. 
  • I did also notice that your product descriptions are fairly standard. These areas are very important as they can play a role in determining if the customer would like to purchase the product. I suggest checking out our guide on 9 Ways to Write Product Descriptions so that you can set your products apart and persuade your customers into making the purchase
  • Adding reviews is another great way to allow potential shoppers to gather more information about the product. You can check out this resource on How to Encourage Customer Reviews to learn more about the methods on obtaining honest reviews and the benefits they have on your business. 

Feel free to reply back to this thread with any questions or updates and we can continue our conversation further!

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog