what is the url after order complete?

findingdream
Tourist
10 1 5

Hello everyone, do you know what is the url address after order complete? I use the debut theme. thanks so much!

Replies 32 (32)

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Hi, @findingdream

My name is Tira and I work at Shopify.

Are you looking for the order status page that appears after a customer has placed an order?

If that's what you're trying to locate, you can find this within the specific order. To access the page, you can go into Orders, then click on the order that you wish to view the order status for, click on More actions at the top and then click on "View order status page":

2019-04-21_12-17-57-k749z 

Once you click on the link, the order status page will open for that particular order. You can copy the link from your browser's address bar, and provide that to the customer if they require it. If you want to add in conversion tracking, or allow the customer to opt-in for order updates, as well as customize other parts of your order status page and notifications, you can review our help doc: Customize the order status page

Is there a particular reason you're looking for the link? Let me know if the steps above help! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

findingdream
Tourist
10 1 5
Hi Tira,

Thanks so much for your reply, my website is new and no order until now.
my problem is how to find the url address after customers ordering, i need
it for
conversion tracking.

If you kind enough to help me to test order from my website, I can add a
product price like 0.01
we appreciate it so much if you like to help more.

Tony
sarhov
Shopify Expert
489 85 164

For conversion tracking codes you have special field in your shopify store, where you can past the conversion tracking codes.

Go into settings > checkout >  scroll to additional scripts section and past the code there.

myshopify.com/admin/settings/checkout

Author: Hovhannes Sargsyan (aka sarhov)
Email: shopify@sarhov.com
Try Shopify free for 14 days,

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Thanks for specifying that you are looking to do conversion tracking on your store @findingdream!

I see that @sarhov, replied to you. That's exactly what you need to do to add conversion tracking to your store. In addition to @sarhov's solution, I wanted to provide you with our help doc that covers the different types of adding conversion tracking to your store, which includes the Facebook Pixel, Google Analytics and any other conversion tracking options: Add conversion tracking to your store.

Let me know if that helps! 

brandfluencer
Tourist
6 0 9

If you're creating a funnel to track your store's checkout flow, then base its steps and URLs on the following example:

Step Name Screen/Page
1.Viewed product/products/shoes
2.Added product to cart/cart
3.Added address/checkout/contact_information
4.Added shipping info/checkout/shipping
5.Added payment info/checkout/payment
Note

The URLs you use for your funnel will differ depending on the product you're selling and the type of checkout your store uses.

When you finish editing your goal or funnel, you'll have to wait 24 hours before you see any data collected.

ADL7
Tourist
4 0 6

What comes after /checkouts/payments? Does the user see some sort of thank you screen? I'd like that url if possible.

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Hi, @ADL7.

Tira here, from Shopify Support. 

I'm happy to shed some light on your question.

After a customer enters and confirms their payment at checkout, at the bottom of the screen there will be a "Complete order" button to complete their order process.

Here's a screenshot of what this looks like:

20-06-fyw1c-obyb0 

After clicking this button and completing the order, the customer will be taken to a "Thank You" page to show the details of their order: products they purchased, the total amount, along with their payment type and shipping and billing address. They will also be shown ways to track their order. 

I placed an order on my test store so that you can see what this looks like:

20-06-nlp27-r9sol

As each completed order is unique, the URL for the thank you page will be unique and no two URLs are the same. Is there a specific reason you're looking to receive the URL?

Please reply to this thread so that I can take a further look! 

Rutger
Excursionist
12 0 4

@TiraHi Tira, I am also trying to set-up conversion tracking in Google Analytics. .

I understand that URL are always different after customer presses the complete order button, but will the url have a particular stucture i.e. amazon.com/thankyou12345?

In Google Analytics I can say the destination url begins with, equals to, or regular expression.  Thank you!analytics setup.GIF

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Hey, @Rutger.

Tira here, from Shopify. Thanks for reaching out. 

This is something that some merchants have requested. The URL for the order details page cannot be customized. I understand this may not be ideal and so I would like to forward this as a suggestion to our developer team so that they are aware of how we can improve our platform for you and all of our merchants. If we go ahead with this suggestion we will post an update in our changelog or announcements page.  

What is your myshopify.com URL? I'd like to add your name to our feedback list. 

I look forward to hearing from you.

Rutger
Excursionist
12 0 4

Thanks for your support @Tira. I believe it should be possible with Event tracking, by adding javascript snippets.

See info here:

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/enhanced-ecommerce?hl=en_US...

Unfortunately, I don't understand javascript and English is not my first language.

My shopify url: https://home-productivity.myshopify.com/

Regards,

Rutger

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Thanks for your store URL and the additional information, @Rutger.

It sounds like you want to set-up Google Ads conversion tracking. Is that right? 

If so, we have a guide on setting this up in your theme, here: Google Ads conversion tracking. This helps you track the actions that users take on your store after people click on your ads. 

I am curious to see what the community has to suggest!

Rutger
Excursionist
12 0 4

Hi @Tira What I want to do is optimize my store for conversion, but first I need to understand where most people drop.

Say I have 100 visitors, how many reach collections page, products page, cart page, shipping page etc. I'd like to visualize the whole funnel.

I have set-up a "add to cart" goal with destination url:  /cart  and now I can see the previous steps, but to track the whole funnel I need the destination url of the thank you page, right?

afbeelding.png

ADL7
Tourist
4 0 6
Try /thank_you as the url ending, worked for me.
Rutger
Excursionist
12 0 4

Cool. Thx @ADL7 

Desmond93
Visitor
1 0 0

/checkout/contact_information?locale=en&skip_shopify_pay=true   this is the url

JaydenLNext
Tourist
6 0 4

Agreed. Specifically, in Google Analytics:

• From your Google Analytics panel, go to the Admin tab.

• Next, in the View column, select Goals.

• Click on + New Goal > Custom > Continue.

• Enter this goal name: 'Checkout Complete'.

• Pick Destination as your goal type.

• Change Destination to 'Regular expression', and enter /thank_you

See this excellent guide for Google Analytics with Shopify for more info: https://www.letsbloom.com/blog/google-analytics-shopify/ (this info here was adapted from Step 12 - Set up Goals and Funnels)

AliReviews
Shopify Partner
770 89 353

You can create a conversion with URL contains thank_you

In order to know the URL after order complete, you can perform a test purchase and see the final URL by yourself.

Here's the test purchase guide https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/checkout-settings/test-orders

Hope it helps.

- Was my answer helpful? Please hit Like or Mark it as solution!
- Ali Reviews - The must-have Shopify app that empowers you to effortlessly collect, display, and manage product reviews.
- Start your FREE trial today!
paienereye
Tourist
6 0 5

what's so hard about providing the url

desiredenim
Visitor
1 0 0

seriously! I can't find mine either.

ADL7
Tourist
4 0 6

Hi, try using /thank_you

TheThisThat
Shopify Partner
61 3 16

Jeez so not hard right? /Thank_you

a little of this and a little of that
alh
Visitor
1 0 2

Thanks for answering the question!

ajsla
Tourist
8 0 5

sorry - found my answer so all set

YourToyLinkLLC
Visitor
2 0 1

Hey can you tell me how you found it I am trying to find out the URL for the checkout page for my store for google analytics

YourToyLinkLLC
Visitor
2 0 1

Hey can you tell me how you found it I am trying to find out the URL for the checkout page for my store for google analytics

SorinM
Visitor
1 0 0

Can you share with us the solution? Thanks!

jortiz411
Visitor
2 0 3

that wasnt the question 

microsoft ads asks for url. can u verify this is correct

conv.png

SaraZ
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello, I need the URL for order confirmation page to set it as a destination page in GA to track confirmed orders on the website. How do i do this?

ADL7
Tourist
4 0 6

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, you can use /thank_you, it is the last url in the purchase funnel, it is sent after the order is made, so it will also signify an order that went to completion.

andrep23
Tourist
4 0 0

But If we have different products, how can GA recognises and distinguishes for which product the order has been completed? 

WANGS
Visitor
1 0 0