Why is there a bug icon under my website's footer?

Solved

Why is there a bug icon under my website's footer?

Giulioz11
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi guys, I'm having some problems with my site, in that I'm getting buggy icons under the footer section (even mobile), once you click on it it disappears and goes back to normal, but it's bad that there's this bug underneath and in the side of the page, can someone help me out please? thanks a lot

photo_2024-01-03_12-37-15.jpgphoto_2024-01-03_12-37-16.jpgCattura11.png

Accepted Solution (1)

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6350 582 1356

This is an accepted solution.

The screenshots seem to imply an app is involved giraffly, disable or remove that app, or contat that apps support.

If the app changed themes files directly either restore a backup, if you made one, or try rolling back files if you know what was changed.

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/themes/theme-structure/extend/edit-theme-code#roll-b... 

Beyond that , ALWAYS provide publicly accessible inspectable examples.

It's like your showing an photo of a cars hood for engine problems instead of just bringing the car to the shop.

Other people do not see what you see or know what you know always keep that in mind and communicate concretely.

Provide Store url, theme name, example urls, and storefront-pass if applicable.
READ: https://community.shopify.com/c/blog/how-to-get-support-from-the-community/ba-p/2254458 

Or if you just need this debugged and fixed for you then contact me by my email for services.
Contact info in forum signature.
ALWAYS please provide context, examples: store url, theme name, post url(s) , or any further detail in ALL correspondence.

Good Luck.

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6350 582 1356

This is an accepted solution.

The screenshots seem to imply an app is involved giraffly, disable or remove that app, or contat that apps support.

If the app changed themes files directly either restore a backup, if you made one, or try rolling back files if you know what was changed.

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/themes/theme-structure/extend/edit-theme-code#roll-b... 

Beyond that , ALWAYS provide publicly accessible inspectable examples.

It's like your showing an photo of a cars hood for engine problems instead of just bringing the car to the shop.

Other people do not see what you see or know what you know always keep that in mind and communicate concretely.

Provide Store url, theme name, example urls, and storefront-pass if applicable.
READ: https://community.shopify.com/c/blog/how-to-get-support-from-the-community/ba-p/2254458 

Or if you just need this debugged and fixed for you then contact me by my email for services.
Contact info in forum signature.
ALWAYS please provide context, examples: store url, theme name, post url(s) , or any further detail in ALL correspondence.

Good Luck.

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

Giulioz11
Visitor
3 0 0

I managed to solve it, I found an error in the setting_data.json file, I restored it and everything is back to normal, thank you all for the support.

Cattura.PNG

BSS-Commerce
Shopify Partner
3477 463 527

Hi @Giulioz11 ,
Can you kindly share your store link (with the password, if any) with us? We will check it and suggest you a solution if possible.

If our suggestions are useful, please let us know by giving it a like, marking it as a solution, or donating here .

B2B Solution & Custom Pricing | Product Labels by BSS

Need help from our expert? Kindly share your request with us via community@bsscommerce.com

BSS Commerce - Full-service eCommerce Agency
Giulioz11
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi @BSS-Commerce , solved, thanks 🙂