Why won't my theme style change on Shopify?

Bersang
14 0 0

Hello everyone. Im new to shopify and am useing a theme on trial for my upcoming webshop. The theme (symmetry) has 4 styles. When i go to theme settings -> change style and select salt yard nothing happends despite i save it. The salt yard style has a video on top but as you can see its still the slider showing. How do I change it? Ive spent hours on this so here you have a quick way to get eternal good karma your way. Thanks! 🙂

image.png

Replies 4 (4)

WoodyDev
Shopify Partner
578 115 192

Hi and welcome!

You should be able to drag and drop the sections to have them in whichever order you wish in that customise menu.

You can also add extra sections wherever you want and choose what you want them to be 🙂

Woody, 29, Stafford, UK | If I helped you out, mark it as the solution and drop me a thumbs up! | This is just a hobby for me, not my full-time job, so tips are greatly appreciated! paypal.me/woodybruh | Developer for AimShop.com | Owner of WoodyDevelopments | Try the best Shopify page builder
Bersang
14 0 0

I just thought it would look exactly like the theme. However it worked - Thanks alot. One last question; Ive nested my menu items and that works great for my sub categories. Is it posible to make another menu that looks like it? Under my "information" in header I would like 3 pages without a header so it goes 100% wide as my other header. Maybe its easier if i show you. I want my 2nd image menu to go wide and behave like first image and not do the dropdown without going wide. Ive tried to nest it the same way but it wont do it - mabe because I dont have the "titel" on top but that is not needed on this menu

menu header.png

 How i want it. 2nd how i dont like it

menu information.png

Thank you so much for your help. Much appreciated

WoodyDev
Shopify Partner
578 115 192

No problem,

I think the only way this would be done would be to add 'Titles' but leave them blank or as a . for now, then list all the options you would like under each.

You could then send me the URL and I can look into remove the titles via code if that all makes sense?

Woody, 29, Stafford, UK | If I helped you out, mark it as the solution and drop me a thumbs up! | This is just a hobby for me, not my full-time job, so tips are greatly appreciated! paypal.me/woodybruh | Developer for AimShop.com | Owner of WoodyDevelopments | Try the best Shopify page builder
noahgaryio
Visitor
1 0 0

This doesn't answer the question at all. Some themes look VERY different based on the style in the theme store. Then when you download it does absolutely nothing and you don't get to use the website you previewed. This is a problem on at least 5 different themes I've tried.

This one in particular has been giving me issues and as you can see the HUNGER theme is VERY different than the others but only the DARK theme loads and you cannot change it to any other theme.

FAME THEME: https://themes.shopify.com/themes/fame/styles/hunger?reviews_page=2