Abandoned check-outs not showing up

danielbaer
5 0 0

We experience issues since last Friday (24 September) with abandoned check-outs not showing up in our store. 

Several tests came back with the following results:

1. Abandoned check-outs done in the web browser Chrome on desktop and mobile are showing up

2. The same tests in Safari on mobile and desktop did NOT show up

I raised this problem with the Support team at Shopify yesterday, but we are still trying to urgently find a solution how to fix this.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem and know how to fix it? 

With thanks, D

Replies 5 (5)

Marty
Shopify Staff (Retired)
512 74 103

Hi, @danielbaer.

Thanks for your message, I would be happy to offer you some suggestions for this. You mentioned that your abandoned check-out information is showing up on certain browsers but not others, specifically Safari. This would generally point to an issue with that primary browser, have you tried accessing the abandoned check-outs in Safari while in incognito or private browser mode?  I would also recommend clearing your Safari browser's cache/cookies/history and trying again. If you have already tried this, I would also recommend re-installing your Safari browser to see if you are still getting this issue on the re-installed browser. 

Feel free to reach back out to me here with any further information, we are always happy to chat!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

danielbaer
5 0 0

Hi Marty, 

Many thanks for all your suggestions! 

I just tried all three options and unfortunately without any success. Any abandoned check-outs done in Safari are not coming through. 

With thanks,

Daniel

Marty
Shopify Staff (Retired)
512 74 103

Hi, @danielbaer.

Good to hear from you, and my pleasure! That is very curious, what did our live support team suggest when you reached out to them directly, were they able to access your abandoned checkout information? Furthermore, when you re-installed Safari, you are still not seeing abandoned checkouts?

danielbaer
5 0 0

Hi again, 

The live support team did run tests at their end, but couldn't access any of our missed abandoned check-out information.

Their abandoned check-out orders with Safari came through, but my DEV,  including several people in our company couldn't replicate it, and we tried many times. 

Our recent data shows that we have 44 sessions with check out (31 of the 44 have not converted), but none of these have appeared in our abandoned check-out. 

Best,

Daniel

Marty
Shopify Staff (Retired)
512 74 103

Hi, @danielbaer.

Thanks for clarifying that, I must admit I am having trouble picturing what exactly could be happening here. You mentioned previously that you were able to access the abandoned checkout information when viewing the area in a browser other than safari, is that the case? If so, I am not sure why our support would not be able to see that same information? I would recommend reaching back out through our 24/7 live support so one of our support advisors can take a closer look into this with you.

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit our Help Center here and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!