All of a sudden products will appear on a schedule (that I did not set) How do I stop this?

TAGSAngel
Trailblazer
148 1 88

Some items are getting a set schedule to appear   How did this happen and how do I stop it.  Clicking on this new Schedule Availability thing does not allow you to shut it off.  I was going crazy for 2 days trying to figure out why my item was not showing in the store until I clicked EVERYTHING and found this new schedule thing. I need to shut this off because it seems to be happening on its own and I can't shut it off.

Replies 20 (20)

TAGSAngel
Trailblazer
148 1 88

And Now....  Everytime the schedule time arrives it re-schedules itself for another half an hour.  WTF shopify?

Canteen
Tourist
8 0 3

Did you ever figure out how to fix this.  I'm having the same problem as a few days ago.

TAGSAngel
Trailblazer
148 1 88
Check the product template. my issue was i was using a custom product liquid that i mistakenly hadn’t fully set up and didn’t realize. and whatever you do. don’t click the schedule it’s supposed to default to showing the product immediately but once you click that schedule button that’s when things get buggy
avacar
Tourist
4 1 2

This solution tells us nothing. What product template are you referring to?

Jmarie1408
Visitor
2 0 1

Here is the fix. Go to your products. select everything on the list that needs to be published (so far you must do this one page at a time). Then click on "Set as active" in the bottom menu that pops up when you select a product (right next to bulk edit). That will fix it, 

mquanstudio
Visitor
2 0 0

HI did you ever figure out how to fix this? I"m having the same issue!

Thanks!

jenviale
Visitor
2 0 2

I'm having this same issue. How do I resolve it?

TAGSAngel
Trailblazer
148 1 88

I found the way to fix it is to NOT create a New Item   pick any one of your other items and duplicate and then change all the info.  That's the only way I have found to stop this behavior that shopify apparently thinks is helpful.  That update cause a lot of problems in both my stores (two different themes) I do not create any new products I work from older products and duplicate.

Cb_media
Tourist
3 0 6

So I gather I'm not the only one who finds "schedule availability" a nuisance?  It's a pain to test.

Is there no way to turn this off?  I just want all my updated to happen right away.

kariblueberry
Tourist
4 0 5

I'm experiencing the same and it's extremely frustrating. 

I can't stand how it keeps bumping it up a half hour everytime I change it.....

SueB
Visitor
1 0 0

I found that you have to actually edit the time that Shopify defaults to. Otherwise the default will keep bumping up. So for example, if it defaulted to 11:00 AM, I changed that to 10:50 AM, saved it, and then it published.

sarahandolive
Visitor
1 0 3

I am having this problem as well on my website (sarahandolive.com) and resetting the time is not working. Products keep disappearing from Collections and it is very frustrating. Can anyone help?

kariblueberry
Tourist
4 0 5
My collection that I added is still not showing up on my home page. I have
5 other collections that were previously created and they appear, but my
recently created collection does not appear at all. The products are in the
catalog, but They do not show up under a collection on my homepage. It's
very frustrating. Been working on this for a while now. I've deleted and
tried to re-add and still doesn't work.
nijadiva
Visitor
1 0 2

I found a fix. I selected all the Items > More actions > Set as Active

Velotec
Visitor
1 0 1

Same, set up a new product and is now has "schedule availabliity".

I can't switch this off to make product available immediately, setting to active doesnt do anything.

igedesign
Visitor
1 0 0

I tried this but it didn’t work. I make 20 detailed products do I have to redo them all?!!! 

Farmhouse
Visitor
1 0 0

I Spent Hours adding Images and Information to my Products ( New Store) all the images are gone and the added information This  is extremely frustrating to have to re add over 100 images an information again like seriously ! Will it do it again ? I saved it after every product added the listings are there but the images i added and some tags and information isnt it all gone grrrrrr

chrissutts
Tourist
10 0 10

Hi, such a pain in the A$^%.

How i get around it right now until Shopify sort it out is once the product is created (mine come in via integration) i tick available in all channels etc as per normal and save. Then i go back and untick online from channels and re-save it. Then go back in and re-tick online and save it again. Then it appears for me. Hope works for you.

EndlessAvarice
Visitor
1 0 0

Did you ever solve the issue?Funny how it worked fine when i was on a free trial and now im having the same issue.

JJDev1
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

You probably figured out a solution by now, but I just spoke to shopify support and found a solution. I noticed it only happened on stores that were password protected. Once I took that off, then it was no longer doing it. Also the icon to schedule will always show there, but if you notice the product doesn't say preview anymore; it says view. So this means now its available on the online store even though that icon still shows.