Allow other people to upload and sell products

grantnovey
Shopify Partner
7 0 0

Does Shopify have the built in ability that allows other people to sell products on my store? If not, is there an add-on that anyone knows of?

Thanks in advance.

-Grant

0 Likes
Christian33
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
40 0 6

Hey Grant:

Account permissions will allow you to give people access to the product admin only:

http://docs.shopify.com/manual/settings/account/staff-members

I would also take a look at the Transparent Kitty app, which is helpful managing sales and commissions for third party sellers:

https://apps.shopify.com/transparent-kitty

Good luck with your shop!

Christian G. | Key Account Manager @ Shopify | christian@shopify.com
0 Likes
Eggman
1 0 1

If you change the Admin access as described (product admin only functionality), can that user view/change/etc all other products already listed on the website?  If so, that will not work for me.

I am also interested in an app that allows 3rd parties to list and sell their goods on my Shopify website (I don't have one yet, so I'm asking questions first).  I want them to have the ability to register, then sell products wherin I take a percentage of the sale.  Obviously, they should only have access within their listings and nobody elses.

If nothing is available as such, can a 3rd party developer do this?

Thanks!

Christian33
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
40 0 6

Hey Eggman!

The solution I described would allow the user to edit all products, so it may not work for you. 

There are apps, like the one I mentioned (Transparent Kitty), that divides profits and sales. Currently, there isn't an app for a full-on "ebay" like marketplace experience for your third parties. 

A third party developer may be able to do this, building a complex app via the product API. Restricting permissions by user would be challenging. 

You can reach out to a Shopify expert at experts.shopify.com 

Christian G. | Key Account Manager @ Shopify | christian@shopify.com
0 Likes
Bronya
1 0 1

Would be Interested to know if you found a resolution to this? Or if there are any apps you would recommend?