Apply auto discounts on the basis of individual users

ahmedmobin
Shopify Partner
11 1 0

Hi,

My website provides wholesale items only. So users will contact us to create an account and then we will create account for them and apply certain discounts on each account. So, each user has different type of discounts. Can we implement it?

Replies 5 (5)

Blair
Shopify Staff
1814 253 219

Hey @ahmedmobin,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I'm happy to provide some guidance on setting up discounts for wholesale customers. I recommend checking out our Discounts Documentation for steps on how to create a discount code, as it outlines how this can be specified to certain customer(s) and/or customer groups. It outlines however, you can create a discount code by: 

• Heading to the Discounts section, from the Shopify admin. 
  • Click on Create Discount > Discount Code
  • In the Discount Code section, enter the name of the new discount code. 
  • In the Types section, determine whether this will be a fixed amount or percentage. 
  • Within the Value section, enter the appropriate amount based on the decision in the previous step. Additionally, you can determine whether you would like this discount to apply to all products, specific products, or specific collections. 
  • In the Customer Eligibility section, you can determine whether this discount is available to all customers, specific customers, or a group of customers. To set up customer segments (i.e customer groups), you can check out our Customer Segmentation document. 
  • Usage Limits can be applied to the discount to limit it's number of uses or limit to one use per customer. 
  • In the Active Dates section, you can set the start and end date for the discount.
  • Click Save the Discount Code

Alternatively, you can check out the Shopify App Store for an available app that will provide discounts to wholesale customers. For a full list please refer to the app store, but have gone ahead and made a few suggestions below: 

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Blair | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

ahmedmobin
Shopify Partner
11 1 0

can we choose a specific user while creating automatic discount?

Blair
Shopify Staff
1814 253 219

Hey @ahmedmobin.,

Thank you for the prompt response! To provide some clarification, automatic discounts are available to all customers on the shop and does not have the capability of being restricted to specific customers or groups. You can however, create a discount code that is specific to a customer or customer group as a workaround. 

It's completely understandable how this may not be ideal, but am happy to make note of this limitation with our Developers. We're always looking for ways to improve the platform and appreciate the feedback! 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Blair | Shopify 

Blair
Shopify Staff
1814 253 219

Hey @ahmedmobin.,

Thank you for the prompt response! To provide some clarification, automatic discounts are available to all customers on the shop and does not have the capability of being restricted to specific customers or groups. You can however, create a discount code that is specific to a customer or customer group as a workaround. 

It's completely understandable how this may not be ideal, but am happy to make note of this limitation with our Developers. We're always looking for ways to improve the platform and appreciate the feedback! 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Blair | Shopify 

Vicky950526
Visitor
1 0 0

Good day Blair

A follow up on this question, has your developers come to a solution regarding the discount structure based on individual customers? 🙂