Solved

Apply discount together with free shipping

Tehreem
Shopify Partner
22 0 26

Hi,

Is there a way I can apply a fixed discount (or percentage) together with free shipping? Or any workaround?

Thanks

Accepted Solution (1)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

This is an accepted solution.

Hey everyone,

Good news! Discount Combinations are here. You can now combine discount codes (manual or automatic) and have multiple automatic discounts running at the same time. Check out our announcement to learn more!

This also works with the newly released option to create automatic free shipping discount feature we launched September 13. 

If you have questions about Discount Combinations then please create a new post in the Shopify Discussions board. If you need account specific help with your discounts, then please contact Shopify Support directly.

Thank you!

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 354 (354)
brandigiorgioc
Visitor
1 0 1

Peter,

Any update on this???  It's been over a year that people are begging for this feature?

WHATSIN
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi Peter,

Can Shopify update on the present request?

We seem to be part of the big community of Shopify users who are interested to add a flat discount (% or amount) to a FREE delivery feature. 

Can we expect any change in the coming weeks or months?

Thanks for your return,

Normann for WHAT'sIN

TKHealth
Visitor
2 0 2

dude 23 pages of comments on this feature and you guys havent rolled out free shipping with a discount? come on. 

LRS
Visitor
1 0 1

Please add my vote to this feature request. 

CANDEHHH
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Peter,
Any update on this feature or app we can use to access free shipping also?

Thanks

kacyrw
Visitor
2 0 2

Please add my vote - this will soon become an urgent feature for us. Thanks

ryanwanger
Visitor
2 0 6

Put down another vote from me.

We occasionally do sponsorship packages and other giveaways. Rather than going back and forth with the person, getting all of their information, address, size/color preferences, it's much easier have them place the order for the free stuff themselves. But, of course, the shipping should also be free and there isn't a clean way to do this. 😞

briangable
Shopify Partner
3 0 2

@Trevor  How many votes are we at, and how many does it take to get into the product development cycle?

All votes related to stacking multiple discounts, and free shipping plus discounts.

Thank you!

forkandmelon
Tourist
5 0 53

Yes, can we please get a more concrete update on when this will be available and/or if it's even being worked on? We continue to run into issues where the discount we give to potential new customers puts them just below our free shipping threshold, therefore negating the discount value. We started asking for this feature 6 months ago... and now others are chiming in almost daily asking for the same. 

BKMc
Excursionist
11 0 9
HAHAHHAHHAAHAH!

Great question and I’ll make a prediction on how it will be answered. One of the mods will reply, probably Peter if he hasn’t gotten smart and quit. This mod will word dribble on and on confusingly like Trump in a press conference about how they can’t give out that top secret information or the scale they use to judge it but rest assured you little Lilliputian your vote really does count and in the end you will be more confused and frustrated than at the beginning - it’s the Shopify pump and dump the clients plan, don’t take it personally, you really don’t matter.

Hi Peter, what’s up!

briangable
Shopify Partner
3 0 2
Hah! Yes @BKMc I know that crazed 45* press conference all too well sadly. However I don’t think Shopify is trying to pump and dump or mislead. I feel they do sincerely care about their customers...but I can also see how embedded the “discount” is across the API. Not super easy to solve but would be a major merchant win if they could speed the solution up, and give a time table.
stacey8
Tourist
3 0 0

@Trevor wrote:

Hey, there! 

Peter here from Shopify Support!

Natively, it's not currently possible to stack discount codes to offer both free shipping and discounted products. That said, I was able to find an existing feature request to have this added to your platform from other store owners who've requested the same thing. I've gone ahead and added your vote to this request to show our developers there is further interest in getting this added. Should this be something we're able to launch, then we'll make an announcement on our announcement page to keep everyone in the loop! 

In terms of a workaround, you could offer a free shipping rate, while still offering a discount code at the checkout which would give the best of both worlds. That said, the shipping rate can only be set per country, and not per product which does throw a wrench into things if you're hoping to limit free shipping to a specific product/collection. 

Let me know if you have any other questions!

All the best, 

Peter 
Shopify Support 

Any updates on this issue?  It would be great to offer a discount AND free shipping to customers.  

LAMBERTONES
Excursionist
24 0 7

Hi Peter,

Can you put us on the vote as well? We have many dealer/builder accounts buying from us including D2C and our dealer/builder's use shipping accounts and charging them for shipping is redundant and frustrating.

Thanks!

joyce_artfity
Visitor
2 0 1

HI Peter,

We also urge for this feature too and please kindly assist.  Thank!

Joyce.

ShopiBru
Visitor
1 0 6

This request seems to be basic functionality that most ECOM platforms come with out of the gate. Why is this so difficult to bring to market?

Does it have to be an app? Feels like 80% of our store runs on required,  installed apps with functionality that comes inherent in other platforms.

9 bucks here, 5 bucks there, 29 for this, 15 for that...it starts to feel like a nickel and dime situation that Shopify profits from.

Stacking discounts, adding free shipping and any combination them is old school stuff that should just be there when you sign up.

Please take this request seriously as it is basic eCommerce functionality that has been around for over 15 years.

ReimaUS
Tourist
3 0 1

Agreed ShopiBru, we need this feature. It only makes too much sense. 

nengel21
Visitor
1 0 0

I would like my vote counted too. I use a promo code for local orders to enter for free shipping based on "pick up"...not being able to stack a discount and free shipping code means I can't service my local customers with the savings or customer service I would like.

@Trevor wrote:

Hey, there! 

Natively, it's not currently possible to stack discount codes to offer both free shipping and discounted products. That said, I was able to find an existing feature request to have this added to your platform from other store owners who've requested the same thing. I've gone ahead and added your vote to this request to show our developers there is further interest in getting this added. Should this be something we're able to launch, then we'll make an announcement on our announcement page to keep everyone in the loop! 

In terms of a workaround, you could offer a free shipping rate, while still offering a discount code at the checkout which would give the best of both worlds. That said, the shipping rate can only be set per country, and not per product which does throw a wrench into things if you're hoping to limit free shipping to a specific product/collection. 

All the best, 

Peter 
Shopify Support 

RefuseToSay
5 0 0

@Trevor wrote:

Hey, there! 

All the best, 

Peter 
Shopify Support 

It amazes me that the Shopify community is accepting this delay in adding a standard function in eCommerce to this service. This is standard on Magento and I'm willing to bet other platforms as well. 2 years and still not added is ridiculous.

What does your product development team consider a necessary feature to be added as standard to the platform if not the ability to stack discounts and specify conditions under which the discounts apply, layered navigation, and bundle products.

With my rant completed, I did manage to find an acceptable app that does what is needed but it's expensive in the long run

https://apps.shopify.com/milestones?surface_detail=coupon&surface_inter_position=4&surface_intra_pos...

kmunsie
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi there,

Is it possible to stack discount codes yet?

AlexisStromberg
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi there - just adding in my vote here. I would really like to see a discount option that allowed you to also give free shipping.

Thanks!

Amanda

Mathew_Houghton
Visitor
1 0 0

Add my vote please 

Thomas_Romer
Explorer
45 0 30

Hey Peter. What is the deal here? How many more hundred of requests are needed before either a solution or AT LEAST an explanation as to why it cannot happen?

festivalinterna
Visitor
1 0 1

@Trevor Hi, We need this feature also!
What can I do?

Thank you,

Gaelle

Androo
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi Peter 

This request for discount and free shipping seems such a requirement that people have been asking for months. 

We also require this. 

Why has shopify not actioned this request yet?

Thank you 

Andrew

Jiesen
Tourist
4 0 1

I would also like to add my vote for this improvement. 

We have been offering free shipping in our areas in response to recent events.  We are also organizing marketing campaigns and partnerships with outlets where we communicate a discount code.  Customers are dropping carts because they are confused why they cannot have both.  

Jason

murraca123
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi there. I'm trying to do the same thing but it isn't working! Can you help me add both discount and free shipping?

finetuned
Visitor
1 0 0

Count me in for a vote for this feature as well. Although seeing the hundreds of comments in this feed in support of this feature it doesn't look like we are going to get it after years of requests for it. what  a pain in the butt!

bbigelow
Visitor
1 0 1

We need this feature too.

MSUAnnette
Shopify Partner
4 0 3

@Trevor
We also need this - limiting to one discount at a time is really hurting us. 

naykonaturals
Visitor
1 0 0

I also need this. This might be the determining factor on whether I stick with squarespace or migrate to Shopify. I’ve created my account and still in the discuss period, but sad to see that there is no resolution for this.

Maiy
Shopify Partner
4 0 7

I vote for this feature. Really looking forward that Shopify dev team would take this to the backlog!

GWB
Visitor
1 0 3

I need this as an option... strange that it isn't really, especially after 2 years of requests for it... surely it wouldn't take too much back-ground work to allow both discounts.

mvu00
Excursionist
14 0 33

Hi @Trevor, please revisit this thread. It's 2 years old with 24 pages of requests for this basic feature that even BigCommerce have. Please!??? 

Taz_Khan
Shopify Partner
13 0 2

I would also like to have this feature.

Taz Khan , Shopify Partner, Contact me here: https://www.facebook.com/maahirsystems/
http://pph.me/maahir-systems
jheil
Visitor
1 0 2

Please add this feature! It would be hugely valuable to us. 

HambroAndMiller
Visitor
1 0 3

Obviously, this is a really old thread but ... is there any movement with this issue?

Doesn't seem to be resolved?

Thanks

cbkev
Excursionist
14 2 6

No, Shopify appear to be ignoring this one - and it's such an obvious and basic feature, I don't get it!

thomasf8898
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello, is there an update on this feature? I would like to know. Thank you!

Patricia_Roudne
Visitor
2 0 1

Can I add my vote to include this too. Not with code but with a simple "include shipping as part of discount" option. Surely can't be that difficult?

TomOL
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi -

Could someone please add the same functionality to my store so I can provide a discount and free shipping?  This would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Tom

adrianthedev
Visitor
3 0 0

+1 from us too.

netfast
Tourist
8 0 12

Does anyone bother reading the thread? Bombard their Facebook page. Waste of time adding your name to some imaginary update poll here.

lesterdefreitas
Shopify Expert
22 0 9

Please add a vote for the ability to combine free shipping with a discount amount from us as well!

Lester de Freitas
The Web Elite | Shopify Experts
netfast
Tourist
8 0 12

Waste of time. Read above post. 

julyitnow
Visitor
1 0 0

they will never do it since it is much more profitable to get money from 3d party apps )))) your votes are useless)))

supraendura
Visitor
1 0 0

yes, please offer a discount code + free shipping, this is a need! add my vote!

Kevdex
Tourist
3 0 1

How can you not have this feature available in any way...? Seems like a no-brainer.

GALV
Tourist
7 0 1

One more vote for offering free shipping AND a % discount together in order to earn Customers' attention and trust.

annaalima
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey everyone,

Since we are talking about free shipping, I was looking for some articles about expanding in Latin America - and especially Argentina - (since I am considering that as an option to my business) - and I found some great news about a logistics upgrade in their postal service that might be useful for you as well:

https://labs.ebanx.com/en/ecommerce/why-does-the-new-puerta-a-puerta-clear-a-promising-path-for-ecom...

https://www.infobae.com/economia/2019/04/01/arranca-el-nuevo-puerta-a-puerta-para-compras-online-al-...