Solved

Apply discount together with free shipping

Tehreem
Shopify Partner
22 0 26

Hi,

Is there a way I can apply a fixed discount (or percentage) together with free shipping? Or any workaround?

Thanks

Accepted Solution (1)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

This is an accepted solution.

Hey everyone,

Good news! Discount Combinations are here. You can now combine discount codes (manual or automatic) and have multiple automatic discounts running at the same time. Check out our announcement to learn more!

This also works with the newly released option to create automatic free shipping discount feature we launched September 13. 

If you have questions about Discount Combinations then please create a new post in the Shopify Discussions board. If you need account specific help with your discounts, then please contact Shopify Support directly.

Thank you!

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 354 (354)
Thomas_Romer
Explorer
45 0 30

How many $4 or $10 a month apps do I need to be paying for in order to get this platform doing what I need? I get exporting to Etsy or running mini-crowd funds require plug ins. But stuff like this shouldn’t cost us $5 a month for the rest of our lives. I mean, IF Shopify implemented this feature it would represent about ten cents worth of what we pay each month for using the platform. That is the REAL problem with this model. These things are only WORTH that much a month due to the nature of them being unavailable. Like if I had to pay $20 a month to get an elevator to my apartment on the 10th floor, I would have to do that. But if it was just part of the building— as it should be… the value of that elevator is negligible at best. 

ashii
Shopify Partner
2 0 3

I am tired of defending shopify with my customers (Read me as developer). They say Coupon code discount with free shipping and multiple discount codes is a basic feature.
at least 2 of them asking me to migrate back to to WP+WOO due to lack of these features.

any one can suggest any APP who do this without pain?

TomChi89
Visitor
2 0 1

Do we know when this feature will come to Shopify and why is so difficult to add a fixed discount code or shipping to the group of users? Everyone wants it, so please add it. 

netfast
Tourist
8 0 12

I hear you

CTAMS
Tourist
3 0 3

This is not rocket science that the community asking. We want a promo code so that customers or partners can order a sample/product for free. And free does not mean to pay for shipping....

Brauzz
Tourist
3 0 5

We would also appreciate this function!

Donfetto
Shopify Partner
8 0 6

I find it so strange that it is not possible to offer a customer 30% off and also free shipping.

It seems so basic.

Please add me to the list of votes ! 

Dennis121
Visitor
1 0 2

I'm really surprised this feature is still not available 😞

Why can't you activate at least the possibility to use 2 codes at the same time. Please add me to to your vote list as well. I'm pretty sure thousands of people would be intersted to use this feature as it seems totally normal to offer a discount + free shipping...

stefiorazi
Visitor
2 0 1

I'm also looking for this! 

ShredFin
Tourist
8 1 8

Put us down for another business that desperately needs this feature.  Can't believe that it's not an option.

emedia_alek
Tourist
7 0 8

This is absolutely needed. Please add my vote. We have Shopify Plus, and we can't do it. People have been begging for this feature for three years? Wow.

Kaivon8
Visitor
1 0 0

Please add my vote as well

BradDiMagigo
Visitor
1 0 1

I also need to combine free shipping with a discount code. This is to sell to our employees. We want them to be able to order online and pick up the merch from the office. No need for shipping and we want to give them a % discount on the products.

clamify
Shopify Partner
18 2 7

Hey all,

If anyone's still looking for a solution for combining a discount with free shipping, please check out our app: https://apps.shopify.com/discount-mixer

We support a lot of use cases including combining free shipping with other discount types.

I hope it can help achieve your business goals.

If you run into any issues, please let us know and we'll do our best to help out.

We're actively improving the app so please give us any feedback so we can meet your needs.

If the app's free trial isn't sufficient or if the price is too steep, let me know and we can try to work something out.

Thanks again for reading this!

Cheers

PMPRINTLAB
Tourist
3 0 3

THIS IS GREAT BUT NOT PAYING $10 A MONTH WHEN I HAVE A STORE THAT WILL USE THIS 3-5 TIMES A MONTH... WHY ISNT THIS A FREE FEATURE IN GENERAL SHOPIFY PLEASE RESOLVE THIS!

wigwagdog
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi there! I would like to chat more about opportunities for a discounted monthly rate for your app. We are a small business with Shopify Basic. You can reach me at Ashley@wigwagdog.com. Thanks!

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

Hello, everyone!

I have some very exciting news! I can confirm the Discount Combinations feature is in the works and will be rolled out to all eligible merchants in the near future.

While I can't provide an exact date this will be available, I will be sure to follow up as soon as I have further information to share! 

You can view more information by reviewing our announcement and Help Center article

emedia_alek
Tourist
7 0 8

I hope so! However, it doesn't make sense for your answer to be labeled as an accepted solution until the feature is rolled out. Right?

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

@emedia_alek 

Great question! As this is a 16-page thread, accepting the most up-to-date information as a solution saves other viewers time as it highlights the update on the first page. We do this as best practice for feature requests to create a better user experience. 

emedia_alek
Tourist
7 0 8

Makes sense. Looking forward to the solution!

erin1234
Visitor
1 0 0

This is a feature I need for my business asap. Getting those first sales is very important and I need to offer free shipping along with a discount code together.

It is also not accurate to say this issue has been solved when it has not yet.

urbantexan
Visitor
1 0 0

Yes please add us to this as well! We have a good amount of items that are bogo automatically 

keepituniversal
Tourist
5 0 4

Has this feature been released yet? I was in a chat last night for 3 hours and nobody could figure it out. I'm currently on a call with support (40 min so far) and they seem to not know how to approach? If this cant be done, what would be the closest work around?

Thank you 

PMPRINTLAB
Tourist
3 0 3

Trevor how about a update this says it’s resolved but this isn’t a resolved as it’s still not availible so can someone please pull thier head out and make this happen please and thanks. Would be rad if Shopify had actual customer service that helped. 

sproutdesignlab
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi there- do you have an update on when this feature will be available? Thank you!

GALV
Tourist
7 0 1

Hello Sproutdesignlab,

Finally, it is working already 🙂

PMPRINTLAB
Tourist
3 0 3

Please explain how it works because I don’t see it 

GALV
Tourist
7 0 1

Honestly I don't know what it depends on, it is just there as an option, when creating discount. Maybe you can find valuable info here: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/discounts/combining-discounts

andrewvictory
Visitor
1 0 0

Do you have an update on this please - ready for Black Friday perhaps?

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 573 1319

For discussion of the new combinable discounts coming out I've created an overview post of the early access feature in the new editions board with a breakdown and links
https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-editions/combinable-discounts-early-access-only-free-shippin... 

Also in my signature for easy access across the site 😉

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

This is an accepted solution.

Hey everyone,

Good news! Discount Combinations are here. You can now combine discount codes (manual or automatic) and have multiple automatic discounts running at the same time. Check out our announcement to learn more!

This also works with the newly released option to create automatic free shipping discount feature we launched September 13. 

If you have questions about Discount Combinations then please create a new post in the Shopify Discussions board. If you need account specific help with your discounts, then please contact Shopify Support directly.

Thank you!

JackTr
Excursionist
24 0 12

NO WAY!! Although really slowly but you do listen!!! 😄

Thank you so much to all the tech, design and PM team to make this happen! Game changer!

CrazyJoe
Excursionist
14 0 32

Womp, womp, womp... not everyone has it yet though.  Even though I've been following this thread for two years, and I'm on Shopify Plus I still don't have this.  Support says you can't be using the "Script Editor" (which I'm not) AND you can't have a customized checkout (which I do).  If you have a customized checkout, you'll need to request this be added on a test store and then, after testing, they'll maybe allow you to add it into your store. 

Trevor, please add caveats like this into you announcements, it'll save us all a lot of time, emotion, and effort. 

These caveats also need to be added to the main announcement and they definitely need to be on the help page.

My epic disappointment after waiting for 2 years to find out I still can't have it yet sucks.

emedia_alek
Tourist
7 0 8

The solution isn't quite right. While it's very helpful that you've given us the ability to stack coupons, what you've done (if I understand correctly) is allow the customer to enter multiple coupon codes on a single order (thus, stack them). What we really need is the ability to offer a coupon that applies a discount AND gives free shipping — like most retailers can do. One coupon code so the customer doesn't have to perform a juggling act.

keepituniversal
Tourist
5 0 4

Exactly. You hit it right on the nose., why is it so complicated? Lol 

Thomas_Romer
Explorer
45 0 30

Right. Basic rule of web design. Don’t make the user work so hard. They shouldn’t have to remember two codes to make one offer possible.  

angelab915
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Trevor, 

This feature is not yet available in my Shopify admin. Is this something that needs to be activated for individual merchants?

WARRENИƎЯЯAW
Visitor
1 0 0

Is this still not available? 

keepituniversal
Tourist
5 0 4

I don't think so. Haven’t tried it in a minute.

edulis
Visitor
1 0 2

Hi Trevor,
I have managed to enable discount combinations using 2 codes but since this is not very user friendly (I made several tests and the participants failed to comprehend that they needed to add the codes separately) I was wondering if you could explain how to have 1 discount code that combines discount amount and free shipping. Please advice asap!

keepituniversal
Tourist
5 0 4

5 years later and still does not exist.

jkmdf
Excursionist
22 0 13

Crazy that this basic feature isn't possible. They're so excited about being able to combine discounts...making people use multiple discounts at checkout is a huge inconvenience. 

keepituniversal
Tourist
5 0 4

Please review thread

jkmdf
Excursionist
22 0 13

Hi Trevor,

This isn't an acceptable solution. Everyone just wants one discount code that lets you add in free shipping. 10% off plus free shipping. Why is it so hard.

joshkirk
Tourist
3 0 3

Sadly, this still doesn't sit well with me, I see that you can combine Discount Codes now, cool and about time, but I really don't want my customers to have to enter in 2 different codes to get Free Shipping on a Free Product... So, if you would kindly make it so I use 1 Discount Code that both discounts  an amount off, but also in the same code, offer Discounted Shipping, like 100% making it free, that is what we want! I know, I know, I can send them a link to auto add the code, and then they can manually add the other code, but that doesn't work for my use case. I need 1 code, with amount off and free shipping!

GALV
Tourist
7 0 1

Same here!!! Please!!!

CrazyJoe
Excursionist
14 0 32

Tons of new features just dropped including a major downgrade of the admin home page.  But alas, we still have no ability to combine discounts.  What Shopify offers is called stacking, not combining.  Combining means 1 code.  Stacking means multiple codes.  Asking customers to enter multiple codes at checkout is a customer service nightmare we learned not to do back '98.

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 573 1319

@CrazyJoe Can you share what industry your in?

Do you have any references for systems that specifically call this stacking, and-or why they do/don't say that and not say combine, etc .

Naming things is hard , always like seeing clarification of terms because verbiage like this always varies.

I'd see using one code for multiple discounts as stacking because of the single-code outcome not combining. Seems to depend on which step in the process you focus on.

Stackable

Campaign: Free-shipping
+ Campaign: 5% off order

Combinable

Code: FREESHIP + Code: Sale5 = Campaign:Free-shipping + Campaign: 5% off order

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 573 1319

Meh that should be & (and) instead of +

Combinable

Code: FREESHIP & Code: Sale5 = Campaign:Free-shipping & Campaign: 5% off order

CrazyJoe
Excursionist
14 0 32

Ok, I sit corrected.  Unfortunately this still does not fix the issue at hand; requiring customers to use multiple coupon codes is worst practice, and confusing.