[Ask] Important Updates to our Partner Program Agreement

Solved
reza2102
3 0 1

Hi guys, 

I get email from shopify regarding shopify partner, and my client worries their ecommerce will impact

"

• Beginning August 1st, 2021, Shopify will offer reduced revenue share owed to Shopify to 0% on the first $1 million USD in annual total revenues earned through the Shopify App Store. Total revenues in excess of $1 million USD annually will be subject to a 15% revenue share. Revenues from any associated developer accounts will be used to calculate the $1 million USD total revenues earned. "

it's only impact into shopify partner? or will impact into store fee? current shopify take only 2.90% but if impact into store my client worries fee to big because take fee 15%

Thanks,
Reza

0 Likes
Shay
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
362 71 71

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @reza2102 

Thank you for reaching out to the community forums with your question! I understand that you have some concerns about whether or not the fee reduction on your app will affect your merchant at all. I want to assure you that this will not affect your clients using your app!

This fee reduction is designed to enable our partners to develop apps without any overhead fees on their first $1,000,000 USD in profit. The only fee will be for first time app developers who will be charged a one time fee for registration to the Shopify App store. You can learn more about this here: Shopify Help Center - Changes to App Development Fees. As the developer of the app itself you get to choose if any fees for your app are changing to be reflected to the merchant, but rest assured that Shopify is not going to make any changes to how much the merchant pays to use third party apps. 

Please let me know if you have any additional questions about this!

-Shay

Shay | Support Advisor @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

reza2102
3 0 1

Thank you so much! @Shay