Bulk Editing Question

mharr99
Tourist
3 0 2

I am not sure if i posted this in the right discussion, so if i haven't please let me know  

I am using an app called Order Desk and in order to use it i need edit each of my products variants, specifically the print_sku and print_url. I have 100's of products and even more variants, so to manually input this would be very time consuming. Each product and it's variants have the same print_url, which isn't the problem because it's all the same file so i can select everything and paste in the url; however, each variant has a different print_sku. This is my problem, i cannot bulk select and paste all the different sku's with the shopify bulk editor, it pastes all the sku's im trying to paste into one cell. I've tried exporting the products, but i cannot find the column with the print_sku's, is there a way i can do this? If you guys are unsure what i am talking about you can use the following link to see what i am trying to edit.

https://YOURSHOPIFYNAME.myshopify.com/admin/bulk?resource_name=Product&edit=variants.metafields.global.print_url,variants.metafields.global.print_sku

ESSuperCo
Shopify Partner
30 0 5

Hi @mharr99 ,

Since you are trying to edit custom metafields, Shopify product CSV does not support it. If you are open to apps suggestion you can try Excelify app- just use the same Shopify CSV file, and add the Metafields columns to it with the column names like "Metafield: <namespace>.<name>".

If you are also interested you can hire us https://bit.ly/36CgHKQ to do it for you.

Hope this helps.

On-Demand Shopify Design, Development & Administration
Superco delivers agency quality for less than a freelancer. No agency retainers, no minimums, no management, just high-quality work, delivered on-time and on-budget.
ESSuperco | superco.io
natashadisante
Shopify Partner
73 1 7

Hi @mharr99 

If you are familiar with Excel you can bulk add Shopify variants and bulk edit metafields (which is what print_url and prink_sku are here) by using Mixtable's Excel-like spreadsheet interface. Sync your variant data to a worksheet, make the bulk updates you want by pasting in bulk, and one-click sync the data back to Shopify.

mharr99
Tourist
3 0 2

Thank you for the feed back Natasha. I've come across that app before but couldn't figure out how to actually sync the metafields as they're fields that I've created and weren't already on the shopify products. Is there a guide for using Mixtable that specifically discusses editing metafields?

mharr99
Tourist
3 0 2

I'll check it out thanks. Is there a specific guide I can follow for the app and using metafields?

0 Likes
Renars
Shopify Partner
145 20 161

Hello @mharr99 

Renars here from Matrixify (Excelify) app.

As suggested by @ESSuperCo you sure can use our app to bulk edit your Metafields.

Here we do have an amazing tutorial on how to bulk import and export Metafields from your Shopify store to a spreadsheet file.
In short, the process is really simple:

1. Create a new export in the app, select to export `Products` and under Products select `Basic Columns`, `Metafields`.
  2. Once the file is exported, open it and you should see Metafield columns in the file for Metafields that are set to the exported Products. Update values in those columns.
  3. Import the file in your store with our app to update those Metafields in your store.

You can also export variant level metafields by selecting the `Variant Metafields` checkbox when creating an export. 

If you have any questions or issues along the way - you can always reach out to our support directly.

Matrixify | Bulk Import Export Update | https://apps.shopify.com/excel-export-import | https://matrixify.app
natashadisante
Shopify Partner
73 1 7

Hi @mharr99 

We have a guide on how to set up metafield syncing here.

If you configure a column for a metafield that does not yet exist on a product, the metafield will be created if you put any value in the column. 

If you have any other questions please feel free to drop us a line at team@mixtable.com

0 Likes