Buy Button Question About Out of Stock/Sold Products

Bethany_Fields
2 0 0

I am about to launch a sale using Buy Buttons on my blog.  Right now, I've chosen for each Buy Button to have the option to "View Product" where the more enhanced description pops up (versus "Add to Cart" or "Buy Now").  I will only have one of each item and am wondering when items sell (and are sold out cause there is just one of each), will this show in the preview of the item?  Or will my buyers have to try to "add" something to their cart before an item shows it is sold out?

I'm sorry if this is a confusing question!

0 Likes
May
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
334 32 150

Hi, Bethany!

This is May from Shopify.

Your question is not confusing at all! I think you’ve articulated your question very well. ? To answer your question, yes, you can display your item as “Sold Out” when you are running out of inventories. In order to do this, you will have to enable inventory tracking on your products. Then, head over to ‘Orders > Inventory’ to set up your item’s quantity.

When your products are all sold out, the ‘Add to cart’ button will be disabled and it will notify your customers that your item is out of stock. Here is a preview of what your button will look like:

Let me know if this helps. Feel free to reply back to this thread or contact our 24/7 support, and we’ll happily help!

Kind Regards,

May

Shopify Support

May | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Bethany_Fields
2 0 0

Thank you so much!  So glad to know this! :)  

0 Likes