Can different vendors have an email alert when someone is placing an order?

CompassJW
Excursionist
18 0 6

Hello Everyone,

My store is a little unique because I am using the Shopify platform as a way to create a loaning library of borrowing loose parts, equipment, resources etc., that can be used in child care programs. With this in mind I have been using vendors as a way to keep track of the source of equipment (I.e. if it is at an office in a different region).

I was wondering if it is possible to: 

a) Have different vendors have an email that will get alerted every time an order comes through? To let them know that someone has placed an order? Because they would have to be delivered from different locations 

b) Maybe I can tag customers who would access different vendors?

c) I think it is possible to assign staff to an order , I just haven’t tried this out, but is there a way to auto-assign a staff to an order if they have placed an order for a product from a specific vendor?

Replies 3 (3)

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
2226 203 593

Yes it's possible, here's how:

a) Have different vendors have an email that will get alerted every time an order comes through? To let them know that someone has placed an order? Because they would have to be delivered from different locations 
You can do this with the app Order Automator. For example if product by vendor X is in the order, you can have the app tag the order and send an email to that vendor.

b) Maybe I can tag customers who would access different vendors?
You can hide / show content on your store by using the Liquid customer object: https://shopify.dev/api/liquid/objects/customer

c) I think it is possible to assign staff to an order , I just haven’t tried this out, but is there a way to auto-assign a staff to an order if they have placed an order for a product from a specific vendor?
It depends what you mean by "assign staff to an order". You can't give staff permissions on an order level, but if you want to notify staff members when orders contain a certain vendor, same solution as A, Order Automator can handle that.

My team (speedboostr.com) built this app so if you need help just give a shout to me or through the app and we can help you out. Might be able to help with B as well, we regularly do theme customizations.

• Creator of Order Automator (automate tagging, fulfillment, Amazon, notifications + more)
• Shopify developer for 10+ years, store owner for 7 years
• I also make guides like Shopify Automation Tips and How to Deal with Fraud / Chargebacks
CompassJW
Excursionist
18 0 6

Thank you @JoesIdeas  I will give those a try 🙂

Ming_Sendif
Shopify Partner
79 2 8

Did you figure out a solution yet?