FROM CACHE - en_header

Can I build Forum inside my Shopify store?

danielx11111
Tourist
6 0 1

I'm looking to build a forum so people can discuss about my product (And there's a lot to discuss\opinion\questions\techniques etc).

Does building a forum is an option with shopify?

Thanks in advance!

Replies 7 (7)
Ava
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1161 78 194

Hey, Daniel!

My name is Ava, I’m one of Shopify’s Gurus and I’m here to help 🙂

You will be able to do this, you would just need the help of an app. As allowing forums/blog comments is not something that is natively available on the platform, an app would give you that extra functionality. There is a couple here to choose from, you can take a look at them each in turn and decide which one is better for you and your business - 

* Champ
* Comments
* Muut

Alternatively, if you did not want an app, you could do this with a help of a developer! You can actually post a job on the Shopify Experts Page and see what feedback and quotes you get. You can find where and how to do this here.

An app would most likely be the easiest solution for you, but if you do chat with an Expert, I'm sure they can create something custom that is tailored to your store 🙂

Let me know if you have any more questions, happy to help!

Ava

Social Care Guru | support@shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Sandeep4
Shopify Partner
9 0 2

Hi Daniel,

Also check out Website Toolbox. You can easily embed the forum into your Shopify website, completely customize the forum, use single sign on, etc.

rpnyc
2 0 1

I also want to build a Forum/Message Board connected to my Shopify store as well.

However, I do not want to burden my customers with having to sign up and create a separate login and password to go on the message board.

Is there a way where you can use the same login and password for both the Shopify store and Message Board? Essentially, is there a way where you can make it so you sign in once to access both?

Thank you. 

JamesAB
Excursionist
18 0 9

Hi There,

Answerbase provides a white-labeled community Q&A forum capability, a powerful platform used by lots of larger brands and recently launched for Shopify small business ecommerce merchants...so has almost anything you'd want as far as a community Q&A forum.

Answerbase's results in drawing organic traffic are notable.  An ecommerce forum can be powerful for engaging your customers and also driving new search traffic to your site, the ideal integration will start to give you results like this on Google when customers are asking similar questions about products via search:

google-result.png

So, super effective way of getting your customers to engage/help eachother and making sure that the content that gets generated/moderated by you isnt' a drag on your time...but rather increases your conversions as well as search traffic.

Check out Answerbase's official website as it dives much deeper into the community and forum capabilities of the system which you're interested...but also note that they have a product question and answer app on the Shopify app store that seamlessly integrates into your product pages and gets the community Q&A forum engagement started.   It's a powerful mix of product page engagement as well as the power of the community Q&A forum.   Answerbase has case studies on the site that you should check out as well, with some merchants communicating that up to 75% of the questions asked convert to a sale....and increasing organic traffic for one merchant by 4x their previous levels.

kamilski81
Tourist
5 0 3

@rpnyc Did you end up figuring this out?

ChrisNguyen
Shopify Partner
10 0 0

Yes, there is.

The newest solution are Shopicial and Xenforum.

Your customers can login to your Shopify store then they will be auto-identified to access the forum.

In addition, an independent platform like Forumial - Cloud Forum is also a good option.
You can completely integrate it into Shopify using SSO. Your users can log in to the forum using their accounts on your Shopify store.

I hope this helps!

Charles854
1 0 0

You can easily embed the forum into your Shopify website, completely customize the forum, use single sign on, etc.