Can I close online store before trial end?

Solved
JCPearl
3 0 0

Hi guys,

I open online store at Shopify this month, on 14 days trial now. I don't want to sell product here in future. Can I close it before trial end?If so, how to do it?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (2)

Accepted Solutions
BuyerRequest_co
Excursionist
34 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

1. Log in as the store owner.
  2. From your Shopify admin, click Settings, and then click Plan and permissions or Account.
    • Note: If you haven't set up a single login, then you'll see Account instead of Plan and permissions.
  3. In the Store status section, click Sell or close store.
  4. Click Close store.
  5. Enter your password to continue.
  6. At this point, you can contact Shopify to see if there is anything we can do to help. If you're sure that you want to close your store, then select a reason from the drop-down menu and then click Close store.

To learn more: Shopify Help Center - Pausing or closing your store

Custom Shopify Store Design Starting at $100 | support@buyerrequest.com | BuyerRequest.com

View solution in original post

Elle_old
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
272 1 32

Hi JC!

Just wanted to let you know that if you wish to come back, all you need to do is log in, pick a plan and you can continue where you left off 🙂

Cheers!

Stephanie | Shopify Support

View solution in original post

Replies 36 (36)
BuyerRequest_co
Excursionist
34 1 1

1. Log in as the store owner.
  2. From your Shopify admin, click Settings, and then click Plan and permissions or Account.
    • Note: If you haven't set up a single login, then you'll see Account instead of Plan and permissions.
  3. In the Store status section, click Sell or close store.
  4. Click Close store.
  5. Enter your password to continue.
  6. At this point, you can contact Shopify to see if there is anything we can do to help. If you're sure that you want to close your store, then select a reason from the drop-down menu and then click Close store.

To learn more: Shopify Help Center - Pausing or closing your store

Custom Shopify Store Design Starting at $100 | support@buyerrequest.com | BuyerRequest.com
JCPearl
3 0 0

Thank you so much! Got it

BuyerRequest_co
Excursionist
34 1 1

Yw. JC!

Elle_old
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
272 1 32

Hi JC!

Just wanted to let you know that if you wish to come back, all you need to do is log in, pick a plan and you can continue where you left off 🙂

Cheers!

Stephanie | Shopify Support
Saqlain
1 0 0
And what if I want to cancel the subscription for the next month and close the store and remove my credit card information
Jochemf
1 0 0

It works, but you have to recognise the image as a function.

Leticia10
1 0 0
Hi, I’ve checked as you described, couldn’t find the “pause” or “close” my store option, please advise.
Thank you!
xuandai
1 0 0

How can I close my account after free trial ended?

Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1425 174 254

Hi, @xuandai

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Thanks for your question.

If you added a credit card to your account, and chose a subscription plan prior to your 14-day free trial ending, you can now close your store by logging into your Shopify admin and going to ‘Settings > Plans and Permissions (or Account)’. Please scroll to the bottom of the page and choose ‘Sell or close store’. It looks like this:

21-15-k85ma-hfbc3

We also have a Help Doc here with instructions, and a video to show you exactly how to do this.

Alternatively, if you did not add your credit card and choose a plan prior to your trial ending, then your store will automatically cancel itself by becoming ‘frozen’. You do not need to take any further steps to cancel it. 

Is there a particular reason you are wanting to close your store? I’m happy to give you a hand with anything you may be struggling with, so just let me know!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Benji2
1 0 0
Hey
If I close my store before the free trial ending do I still have to pay 29$?
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1425 174 254

Hey, @Benji2

Thanks for your question. You will not have to pay the $29 monthly subscription charge if you close your store before your trial ends. Please follow the steps here to properly close your store, if you decide that you do not want to continue to use the platform.

Alternatively, if you decide that you would like to continue building your online business, and there is anything you are needing a hand with, I’m here to help. Just let me know!

spmarceau
1 0 0

How do I delete a store for which the Trial has expired?

Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1425 174 254

Hey, @spmarceau.

Great question!

Once the trial on a store has expired, and no subscription plan has been chosen, the store becomes ‘frozen’ which essentially means that it has been closed

We guarantee that the information on your account will remain in our system for up to 90 days after it has closed or become frozen. Once the 90 days has passed, if no activity has been detected on the account, it will then eventually be removed and deleted completely. 

Therefore, if the trial period on your store has expired, you haven’t added your billing details, and chosen a subscription plan, no further action needs to be taken from you if you no longer wish to use the account. 

However, if you do decide that you would like to re-open it within the next 90 days, simply login as usual and choose a plan. All of the time and effort you’ve put in so far will still be there and ready for you to pick up where you’ve left off.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

iliriang
1 0 0
If i close store before this date end do i need to pay this bill "Current billing cycle: Billed on Jun 21, 2020"

warmarhun
1 0 1

The whole shopify logic behind this free trial period is disgusting. 
You take straight up the credit card details, than there is no option to cancel,
you can only downgrade to the 9$/month plan, there no cancel button.
Im gona report the whole company wherever I can, and make sure to spam every single forum about your unethical and disgusting policy.
From the bottom of my hearth, fck you all shopify staff! Pigs!

Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1425 174 254

Hi, @iliriang

Thanks for checking in about this.

Since your Shopify subscription plans are essentially “pre-paid”, closing your store following these steps before your next billing date will ensure that you won’t be charged for your next month’s subscription, which in your case will be on June 21, 2020. 

Please keep in mind that paid third party apps have a different billing cycle than the Shopify subscription, and so those charges may need to be settled before being able to close your store, if you’re using any. You’ll also want to uninstall any paid third party apps prior to closing to prevent charges in the future.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

woolfe20
2 0 0

Cant find  a "Settings link on my account?? never screenshot-smoked-garlic-shop.myshopify.com-2020.06.26-14_31_39.png mind how to close the store?

Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1425 174 254

Hi, @woolfe20

The 'Settings' option is just a little bit further down on the left hand side of your admin, as seen here: 

20-06-3r0ty-1xfqw

From here, to close your store, you’ll then go to ‘Plans and Permissions’:

20-06-4i0dg-xmyfs

And then scroll down to the Store Status section and choose Close Store, as seen below:

20-06-sufsv-c9kbj

These steps, as well as a video showing exactly what to do are found in this Help Doc for closing your store that I’ve also linked in a few of my prior responses in this thread. Let me know if you have any further difficulties.

whytgiant
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Helen

I am in the same boat  , however I have a paypal account registered in billig page.  Will the store become frozen at the day 14th before the free trial?