Can I sell private YouTube videos as products?

aPOPBlops
Visitor
2 0 0

I'm an animator looking to sell short videos to buyers. I was thinking I would just upload the videos to youtube and use private links/embedding so that users would gain access to the link upon checkout.

Is there a way to do this or do I need to use a digital download app + link in a text file? Seems like a lot of steps to ask of buyers.

Replies 3 (3)

Elrond
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

There are different ways to do that, for example, by using the YouTube members-only content feature or publishing from your website.

aPOPBlops
Visitor
2 0 0

Regarding the members only content feature, I am selling "snacks" for my characters. They are digital items I wish to sell individually. The membership feature is a monthly subscription which does not allow me to sell the individual snacks to buyers so they can feed the character.

I also like the ability to place a shop item within the description of my videos with the thumbnail. Very beneficial for turnover and the only reason I signed up for shopify.

What do you mean by publishing from my website? I don't have any websites outside of youtube and now shopify, perhaps I am misunderstanding or missing a feature shopify has that I don't know?

Is there any way to access/edit whatever the purchase page looks like once the customer has bought the product? I would love to just direct them to a page where the video is featured if it's possible to put them on a custom landing page.

Elrond
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

I'm just discovering Shopify. Maybe this link will be useful for you: stackoverflow.com/questions/10045708/how-can-i-embed-private-youtube-video-in-my-site