Can I use a domain which can be used for both shopify store and blog site?

Solved
AlisonBrown
1 0 0

Hello,

I have a domain https://piklertriangle.info/ can I make a Shopify store with the blog website on this website?

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1290 165 215

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @AlisonBrown. Welcome to the Community; Thanks for your question!

While a specific domain can ever only be associated with one website, there are ways you can incorporate Shopify functionalities into your existing website. Here are some ideas:

• You can create a Shopify account and set up an online store for the products you’d like to sell. You can use a different, but related, custom domain (for example, something like: piklertriangle.shop), and link to your Shopify store from directly within the article. If you plan to sell additional items, you could also create a ‘Shop’ tab in your navigation menu that links to your online store, so that your readers can easily find and view your storefront. 

• Use a Buy Button. With the Buy Button, you’ll be able to use Shopify to create a product listing, and embed it into your current website. With the Buy Button you don’t need to have a separate website to sell your products through, but you’ll still get to use the Shopify checkout to process your orders and the admin to manage the ecommerce portion of your business. 

Let me know what you think! Do either of these options sound like they could be a good fit for what you’re trying to achieve?

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes