Solved

Can one website accommodate two distinct Shopify stores for different countries?

ebon
Pathfinder
117 3 42

Hi everyone. We have a US Apparel Shopify store selling only to US customers. We also have the same brand in Australia which is launching soon, selling similar but different products from different Australian Shopify manufacturer partners.

My question is, when it comes to our shopify store, do we need to make a seperate AUS website, SKUS etc. Or is there an option to have the same website, but two different versions, if you are in the US you see a certain version of or the site with US prices BUT if you’re in AUS you see another version with pricing in Australian (AUD) as set from our Australian Shopify Merchants? Not converted US to AUD pricing but true Australian Prices. 

The Australian store will not carry everything the US store does as the Australian Shopify Merchants don't carry the same variety of products as the US merchants. 

I hope that makes sense, any help is greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solution (1)

A_lexmiller
Tourist
3 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

I think it is not about whether you NEED to or otherwise, but depends largely on how the 2 stores are operated and marketed. 

Based on your description, I would think it is best to have 2 separate stores. Since the products are not exactly the same, and the pricing are not just converted. This is because as you move forward, these factors will also impact many other operational and marketing plans like shipping, promotions etc.

Putting them together would only make things overtly tangled.

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

pawankumar
Shopify Partner
514 66 91

Hi @ebon 
Please try Shopify markets
Thanks!

- Need a Shopify developer? Chat on WhatsApp +91-9467121281
- Coffee Tip: Buymeacoffee  | Email: thepkpawankumar@gmail.com
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
Best regards,
Pawan

A_lexmiller
Tourist
3 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

I think it is not about whether you NEED to or otherwise, but depends largely on how the 2 stores are operated and marketed. 

Based on your description, I would think it is best to have 2 separate stores. Since the products are not exactly the same, and the pricing are not just converted. This is because as you move forward, these factors will also impact many other operational and marketing plans like shipping, promotions etc.

Putting them together would only make things overtly tangled.