Can Shopify implement a one-click staging solution for easy deployment?

TekCreative
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

Hello Shopify Community,

Our digital agency  (TekCreative) has been busy with Shopify projects, and as our workload grows, we're looking to improve our workflow. One challenge we face is efficiently handling staging links. Clients often request changes in a staging environment before going live, but the current options involve manual and time-consuming transfers of themes and content, doubling the effort.

I wonder if Shopify could consider a one-click staging solution, connecting a staging and live environment for easy deployment. This would significantly improve our workflow, similar to the functionality offered by platforms like WPEngine. Your thoughts on this and the potential for such a feature in future updates?

Thanks

TekCreative | Digital Marketing Agency
Replies 3 (3)

LuffyOnePiece
Shopify Partner
331 58 57

Since Shopify is a cloud-based platform where you the developer do not control the servers

the main pivot point becomes who retains control over the code before deployment and or payment for services.
The only way to create a staging server is to use Shopify CLI which allows us to safely preview, test, and share changes to themes using development themes.
please refer to https://shopify.dev/docs/themes/tools/cli#development-themes

Sandeep Pangeni
Need help with your store? sandeeppangeni17@gmail.com
For quick response, Contact In WhatsApp +9779867521184
TekCreative
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

Thank you SandeepPangeni for your answer.
Your solution is the one we use currently.
As I mentioned, on WPEngine for example you also don't control the server and it is a cloud-based service. However, they found a solution to have 2 environments interconnected under the same project, with the possibility to push the staging to live with one click (not just the code, but also the amended content). Also, with the possibility to share a protected staging link with the client for them to amend, populate or comment.
I was hoping Shopify has something similar in mind. 
I've checked many comments from the community and all are using the same solution (duplicate theme, create a new develop account or develop on your local and push live).
Unfortunately, that's not solving the content problem and the interaction with the client via a staging link.

TekCreative | Digital Marketing Agency
LuffyOnePiece
Shopify Partner
331 58 57

@TekCreative 

Please have a look at the link below. It may help you.
How to set up a staging site for Shopify in under 5 minutes (rewind.com)

Sandeep Pangeni
Need help with your store? sandeeppangeni17@gmail.com
For quick response, Contact In WhatsApp +9779867521184