FROM CACHE - en_header

Can't Accept Terms For Facebook

Solved
huumwellness
2 0 2

I am trying to connect my facebook page to shopify, but every time I select the page and click connect, it pops up facebook terms and conditions. I click accept and it says "Please log in to continue: Cancel / Login". So I click login and the page goes blank. I have tried logging out of facebook and back in. I have logged out and back into shopify. I have tried this in the shopify app. I have tried deleting and re adding the facebook channel. Nothing works. Any help would be wonderful!

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1863 189 307

This is an accepted solution.

Hello, @huumwellness.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thanks for letting us know!

I’ve taken a look into the issue and found that this is not a Shopify issue as Facebook’s Terms of Service and its management are all handled by Facebook. However, our Technical team did find this issue is caused by a browser setting that prevents cross-site tracking and causes the connection for Facebook Shop integration to be on a loop. Most updated browsers will have this setting and turning off this feature has corrected the issue for some of our merchants. 

If you are using Safari:

- Visit Safari -> Preferences -> Privacy and make sure this field is not checked:

04-28-8flul-zcxst

If you are using Chrome:

- Visit Chrome -> Preferences

- Click the hamburger menu, and choose Advanced -> Privacy and security

- Make sure this setting is disabled:

04-23-95tnz-7enc8

Once this setting in your browser is disabled, please try connecting your Facebook Page with Shopify again and see if this allows you to bypass the loop. 

If you run into any issues connecting your Facebook Shop or if you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to let me know by responding to this thread.

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 69 (69)
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1863 189 307

This is an accepted solution.

Hello, @huumwellness.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thanks for letting us know!

I’ve taken a look into the issue and found that this is not a Shopify issue as Facebook’s Terms of Service and its management are all handled by Facebook. However, our Technical team did find this issue is caused by a browser setting that prevents cross-site tracking and causes the connection for Facebook Shop integration to be on a loop. Most updated browsers will have this setting and turning off this feature has corrected the issue for some of our merchants. 

If you are using Safari:

- Visit Safari -> Preferences -> Privacy and make sure this field is not checked:

04-28-8flul-zcxst

If you are using Chrome:

- Visit Chrome -> Preferences

- Click the hamburger menu, and choose Advanced -> Privacy and security

- Make sure this setting is disabled:

04-23-95tnz-7enc8

Once this setting in your browser is disabled, please try connecting your Facebook Page with Shopify again and see if this allows you to bypass the loop. 

If you run into any issues connecting your Facebook Shop or if you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to let me know by responding to this thread.

huumwellness
2 0 2

Thank you! I turned off cross site tracking protection for Shopify and now it works.

SKB
Tourist
4 0 3

i am having the same issue. any chance you could walk me through on how to modify those cross site tracking permissions in chrome? i did turn the toggle to "off" for the "Send a "Do Not Track" request with your browsing traffic" setting.  but that did not fix the issue. TIA.

Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1863 189 307

Hey, @SKB.

It sounds like you might be having a slightly different issue. By chance, do you have multiple Facebook business pages on your business account? 

If not, have you already cleared your Chrome browser’s cookies and cache? I would also recommend reinstalling the Facebook Shop. Here’s our guide to help you with removing the Facebook Shop, then you can reinstall it on the same page and try setting up your Facebook Shop again

Let me know if that helps!

SKB
Tourist
4 0 3

thanks for the reply. deleted cache and deleted FB shop and reconnected. still can't manage to accept those terms when connecting to FB.  i do manage more than one business account.  any more suggestions?  i've tried from chrome/duckduckgo on desktop and mobile, and also from firefox. thanks

SKB
Tourist
4 0 3

never mind. i figured it out. thanks! - skb

Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1863 189 307

Hey, @SKB.

Thank you for following up and providing an update with me. I'm glad to hear that you were able to resolve this on your own! Just so I can understand the issue and help other customers that might be experiencing the same problem, may I know what steps you took to reach the resolution?

SKB
Tourist
4 0 3

Sure! I had to open a private browser in Firefox, select "options", and then "privacy settings". Under "advanced tracking protection" heading, i edited the "custom" setting and disabled cookies and tracking options.  Under "cookies and site data" heading i used the "manage permissions" option to add both shopify.com and facebook.com to allow both cookies and tracking.  I logged into my shopify store in the private Firebox browser, and once i had success loading the facebook shop, accepting the FB terms, logging into FB from that window, I then returned to Firefox and reset the settings back to standard, and returned to using Shopify in DuckDuckGo for Chrome.

Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1863 189 307

Hey, @SKB.

Thank you for sharing the steps to your solution, this will be of great help to the community!

Best regards

fytoboutique
1 0 0

Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 8.58.07 pm.png

Hi there, I hold 2 pages on the same account and i want to use my page for my facebook account every time I try and link the account this post comes up.

Ive created another facebook account and page to see if it was just this page and it worked on that.

Though I don't want to have to get rid of the page I had existing just so I can use it through facebook/instagram shopping.

I have already deleted cookies etc, reset facebook app and nothing has worked could someone please let me know if its just because I have 2 pages on the same account and its not allowing me due to that or is there a way around it?

Thanks!

Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1863 189 307

Hey, @fytoboutique.

Thank you for posting and sharing the steps you’ve taken. We might be looking at a different issue here, could you confirm what your Page Role is for the Facebook page you’re trying to connect? 

You can check your Page Roles from your Facebook account, under Facebook Page > Settings > Page Roles. Here’s a screenshot of what it looks like:

13-45-s886c-qlb3k

If you are seeing ‘Custom’ or ‘Jobs Manager’ as your Page Role, then this might be the cause of the issue. Our Technical team has found that page roles, such as ‘Custom’ or ‘Jobs Manager’, won’t connect to Facebook Shop properly as these roles restrict third-parties from full access to your Facebook page. 

To resolve this, you can switch to the ‘Admin’ role by disabling the following options in the Facebook Business Manager account:

1. Click ‘Business settings’, as seen here:

13-54-fsxpj-clooe

2. Select the page, as seen here:

13-56-e6e2y-ljhua

3. Disable the two options:

13-55-4g5qi-i8sxh

With the correct settings, it will look like this (on the right side):

13-50-lxlk7-0fxi0

With the expected settings, you will appear as an ‘Admin’ for the page role and you can try connecting your Facebook page again. You should be able to connect and be put in review with Facebook, their review process can take anywhere between 48-72 hours. 

Let me know how this goes. If you run into any roadblocks or have any other questions, don't hesitate to let me know in this thread!

brianna-t
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi there, I am also having similar problems with connecting to Facebook. I receive the approval email and clicked through everything. My shopify dashboard has the Facebook channel and everything looks good on that end, but when I try to open the "facebook shop" through the button on the top right of the shopify facebook dashboard, it goes to facebook with the message: 

Sorry, this content isn't available at the moment
The link you followed may have expired, or the Page may only be visible to an audience that you aren't in.

The "shop" segment also doesn't appear on my facebook page. I feel like this is an issue n facebook's end but their back end software is so hard to navigate. Also, if it matters, I don't care about Facebook; it is my vehicle to instagram shopping integration.

Any advice would be appreciated!
brianna-t
Tourist
4 0 1

Nevermind! I found instructions and had to change my facebook page template to "shopping". It works now.

Ricardocg
2 0 1
Hi, please help, I have the same issue, I only have access on an iPhone though, Safari, I found that setting, turned it off, not working. Please help.
Anneliwhite
1 0 1

This worked! Finally!!! I changed the preferences for Safari and it allowed me to connect! THANK YOU!!!

Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1863 189 307

Hey, @Ricardocg.

Thank you for reaching out and joining our thread. I understand you only have access on an iPhone and Safari is not working for Facebook. Since you only have access to an iPhone, we don’t have many options to try out. However, you can see if the iOS/iPhone version of Google Chrome can help resolve the issue. Google Chrome can be found through the App Store on your iPhone. 

Let me know if this helps! If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to let me know!

Ricardocg
2 0 1
Thank you Elias, your solution did actually, it occurred to me to turn off the iPhone and the new setting did work. Thank you so much and stay safe!
LittleEcoFolk
2 0 1

This worked for me on Firefox thanks for the tip I spent ages on this

Bro_nova
1 0 0

Hi! 

I'm having the same issue with accepting the facebook terms of agreement. I believe that I've tried all of the steps above but am still ending up with the same window pop up. Are there any other ways to try to fix this? Please help!