Can't Accept Terms For Facebook

Solved
huumwellness
2 0 2

I am trying to connect my facebook page to shopify, but every time I select the page and click connect, it pops up facebook terms and conditions. I click accept and it says "Please log in to continue: Cancel / Login". So I click login and the page goes blank. I have tried logging out of facebook and back in. I have logged out and back into shopify. I have tried this in the shopify app. I have tried deleting and re adding the facebook channel. Nothing works. Any help would be wonderful!

Replies 63 (63)
Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1155 94 300

Hi, @Meandmytribe and @Ferrin5!

@Meandmytribe, can you tell me a bit more about the error you're seeing that's specific to setting up a custom audience? Please reply back to me here with a screenshot of this error so I can take a closer look. In the meantime though, did you have a chance to try out some of the troubleshooting steps previously shared in this thread?

@Ferrin5, thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear that you were able to get this resolved by using a friend's computer. 

Thanks, 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Almaf2
3 0 1

Hi! I'm having a similar issue but it has accepted only one of the two terms and conditions. There is a green checkmark next to the Facebook Business Tools Terms but not the Custom Audience Terms - when I click into the Custom Audience Terms it says that I've accepted the terms. I've tried clearing cache and cookies, making sure tracking is disabled, etc. Do you have any other suggestions to get this accepted? Thanks!111.PNG

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1155 94 300

Hi, @Almaf2

Are you using a supported, up-to-date browser on your computer when trying to accept these terms? If not, please give that a try. 

I also recommend trying this out with a mobile device too, as this has helped resolve this same issue for several other users in this thread. 

Keep me posted on how these options go! 

elureactivewear
1 0 0

How did you figure it out please? I am currently having the same issue so would be grateful for any advice you can give

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1155 94 300

Hi, @elureactivewear

Thanks for reaching out. 

Did you have a chance to try out some of troubleshooting steps shared previously in this thread? If so, and if those steps didn't work for you, can you please tell me a bit more about the troubles you're experiencing? 

If you're seeing a specific error message in your Shopify admin, please reply back to me here with a screenshot of this error so I can take a closer look. I do recommend ensuring any of your sensitive details are blocked out from this screenshot before sharing it here, though. 

I hope to hear back from you about this soon! 

Aissa
1 0 0

Hey, I did all the steps in google chrome but nothing has changed still the message pop up telling me 

Accept Facebook’s terms and conditions to create audiences

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1155 94 300

Hi, @Aissa

Thanks for trying out the steps in Google Chrome. 

To clarify, is this message showing up directly in your Shopify admin, and referring to custom audiences on Facebook? If so, please try out these troubleshooting steps that I previously shared: 

Are you using a supported, up-to-date browser on your computer when trying to accept these terms? If not, please give that a try. 

I also recommend trying this out with a mobile device too, as this has helped resolve this same issue for several other users in this thread. 

Let me know how this goes! 

Oscarandlibbys
5 0 0

I am also experiencing the problem, where one of the terms I've accepted on the Facebook side, and it says as such, but back in Shopify it isnt showing as checked off. 

Oscarandlibbys
5 0 0

Actually I think I figured it out.

You need to have two-factor login turned on for facebook ads to allow you an account... if youre sharing permissions on an account YOU may not have it turned on so Facebook wont grant you access. 

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1155 94 300

Hi, @Oscarandlibbys

I appreciate you reaching out with this information. 

To clarify, did you turn on two-step authentication on Shopify's end, or on Facebook's end?

Please feel free to share the steps you completed to set this up, as this may help other Community members resolve this issue, too. 

Thanks!