Can't Accept Terms For Facebook

Solved
huumwellness
2 0 2

I am trying to connect my facebook page to shopify, but every time I select the page and click connect, it pops up facebook terms and conditions. I click accept and it says "Please log in to continue: Cancel / Login". So I click login and the page goes blank. I have tried logging out of facebook and back in. I have logged out and back into shopify. I have tried this in the shopify app. I have tried deleting and re adding the facebook channel. Nothing works. Any help would be wonderful!

Replies 63 (63)
Oscarandlibbys
5 0 0

Facebook's end. Facebook's rules say you must have two-factor on to have an ad/business account. But if one person has that, and then invites another person to join the business profile, it doesnt check if that person that's brought on has two factor. But if the person without it is then trying to approve the terms from Shopify through Facebook, it errors. 

This is theory but switching to the facebook account that had two factor set up worked like a charm...

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1155 94 300

Hi, @Oscarandlibbys

Great - thank you so much for sharing! I'm sure this information will help others, so I appreciate you taking the time to provide these details. 

Cheers, 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Nmawaka
1 0 0

I’ve tried on msg phone, reset safari + chrome privacy settings on my desktop, no luck. 

this is really frustrating.

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1155 94 300

Hi, @Nmawaka

I'm sorry to hear that you're having a frustrating time with this, and I'm happy to help out. 

Are you seeing any error messages on your end? If so, can you please send me a screenshot of these errors? Equally, if you're running into troubles with a specific stage of setting up the Facebook Channel, please let me know. 

I hope to hear back from you soon so I can continue helping out! 

jaeburkamper
2 0 0

I confirmed that the privacy setting was as you requested, however The terms and conditions option is stilled greyed out and I'm unable to proceed. Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 1.53.13 PM.png

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1155 94 300

Hi, @jaeburkamper

Thanks for letting me know. 

When setting up the Facebook channel, were you able to follow all of these steps correctly? If so, at any stage did you navigate to Facebook and accept these terms and conditions directly on Facebook's end? 

Please keep me posted on this! 

ChiragV
Excursionist
12 0 1

Tried everything above n when that didnt work i opened Microsoft Edge, pasted the same link for "view terms", and then the log in for facebook works lol

accept the terms there then come back to chrome refresh and complete setup 

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1155 94 300

Hi, @ChiragV

Thanks for reaching out to share this information. I'm glad to hear you were able to get this to work in Microsoft Edge! 

I appreciate you sharing the steps you took here as well, as this information will likely help others in the thread. 

Take care, 

Cherkassy
1 0 0

Copy the TOS link that cause 404 (https://business.facebook.com/ads/manage/customaudiences/tos.php?account_id=*****&business_id=****  ) and remove first param - account_id.
Page will open normally. Apply terms and return to Shopify-facebook setup.
Button will become active.
Be happy and a lot of sales for all of us!

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1155 94 300

Hi, @Cherkassy

Thank you for reaching out and sharing these details. I'm sure this information will help other users, so I appreciate you taking the time to post this. 

Cheers,