1 0 0

Genius! si simple : ° 

you just made my day lol 

0 Likes
Valerie123
2 0 0

For me, I've added both this code on top of the footer.liquid

{% capture powered_by_link %}
<a href="https://www.blablalagence.com">Empowered by blabla_l'agence créative</a>
{% endcapture %}

AND:

<div class="small--hide">
<small class="site-footer__copyright-content">&copy; {{ 'now' | date: "%Y" }}, {{ shop.name | link_to: '/' }}</small>
<small class="site-footer__copyright-content site-footer__copyright-content-powered-by">{{ powered_by_link }}all rights reserved</small>
</div>

right under

{% if bottomFooter %}
<div class="bottom-footer">
<footer class="site-footer" role="contentinfo" data-section-id="{{ section.id }}">
<div class="small--hide">

It worked pretty good but now, I need to align it to the center of my footer and I am not sure how! 

If some may help, I'm new to this coding liquid! 

0 Likes
King-Kang
Explorer
66 5 16

Hi,

Any solution that only disables the link?

<small class="site-footer__copyright-content site-footer__copyright-content-powered-by">{{ powered_by_link }}</small>

Because, if only disables the link, you can change the message "powered by shopify" with something like " All rights reserved..." in languages, and translate to other languages.

Thank you!

Cheers

0 Likes
King-Kang
Explorer
66 5 16

I found a good solution for what I was looking for and I remembered that I could share and help the community or whoever have the same problem as me.

Goal: Remove and replace the "Powered by Shopify" from the footer and password page, and keep it available for translation by any app (example: Translation Lab)

This a tutorial for Debut theme (version 17.13.0)

Make a copy of your theme before start this tutorial.

1. Replace "Powered by Shopify"

Current theme -> Actions -> Edit languages -> Search for "Powered by shopify" -> Replace with the message that you want to show (example: All rights reserved) and save

2. Disable link

2.1 Create a class to disable the link

Current theme -> Actions -> Edit code -> Assets -> theme.css -> Scroll down to end of the code page, paste the following code and save the file

/* Powered by Shopify disable link class STARTS */

.disablelink {
pointer-events: none;
cursor: default;
text-decoration: none;
color: black;
}

/* Powered by Shopify disable link class ENDS */

2.2 Add the class "disablelink" to Footer

Current theme -> Actions -> Edit code -> Sections -> footer.liquid -> ctrl + f (to open the search bar) -> In the search bar type "powered_by_link"

You will find the following results:

<small class="site-footer__copyright-content site-footer__copyright-content-powered-by">{{ powered_by_link }}</small>
<small class="site-footer__copyright-content site-footer__copyright-content--powered-by">{{ powered_by_link }}</small>
<small class="site-footer__copyright-content site-footer__copyright-content--powered-by">{{ powered_by_link }}</small>

Now, add the "disablelink" class in every line like below (I always add a comment to custom code, to keep things organized for the future)

<small class="site-footer__copyright-content site-footer__copyright-content-powered-by disablelink">{{ powered_by_link }}</small> <!-- Powered by Shopify disablelink class -->
<small class="site-footer__copyright-content site-footer__copyright-content--powered-by disablelink">{{ powered_by_link }}</small> <!-- Powered by Shopify disablelink class -->
<small class="site-footer__copyright-content site-footer__copyright-content--powered-by disablelink">{{ powered_by_link }}</small> <!-- Powered by Shopify disablelink class -->

2.3 Add the class "disablelink" to Password Page

Current theme -> Actions -> Edit code -> Sections -> password-footer.liquid -> ctrl + f (to open the search bar) -> In the search bar type "powered_by_link"

<div class="password-powered-by">
<small>{{ powered_by_link }}</small>
</div>

Now, add the "disablelink" class, like below (Here, you can also add your store name)

<div class="password-powered-by disablelink"> <!-- Powered by Shopify disablelink class -->
<small>Yourstorename, {{ powered_by_link }}</small>
</div>

3. Add the translation for the text you choosed to replace the "Powered by Shopify" (this is a bonus, I used the app Translation Lab)

Apps -> Translation Lab -> Configure languages -> Select the language that you want -> Translations -> Translation of -> Select THEME -> Shopify -> Links -> shopify.links.powered_by_shopify -> Add your translation

0 Likes
Eric_Seastrand
Shopify Partner
46 3 43

If you just want to show the default powered_by_link text, but get rid of the link part, you can use the strip_html liquid filter like this. 

{% assign powered_by_link = powered_by_link | strip_html %}

* This only works because that particular translated value always ends up in the default powered_by_link. It assumes you'll be changing the translation in the translation editor or locale json file.

If you wanted to do it with any other translated string (maybe you have a custom one), you could use the "t" filter to grab the translated version like so:

{% assign powered_by_link = 'shopify.links.powered_by_shopify' | t %}

Note that you can swap out shopify.links.powered_by_shopify with any other translation key from your locales JSON file. (More info on Locales files). This example just shows it with the powered by translation - so both examples are functionally the same.

Eric_Seastrand_0-1626278269741.png

King-Kang
Explorer
66 5 16

@Eric_Seastrand  your solution is just perfect and clean!

So much effort I did XD

Sadly there is no option to delete mine.

Thank you

0 Likes
omevan
1 0 0

Thanks it work - 

omevan.com

0 Likes